1983 Schwinn Predator Cr Mo Free!

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Rat Rod said:
What's a standard?

lol, kickstand*... sorry. :D

standarddd.jpg

Rat Rod said:
The "cool" BMXers went with no kickstand.

Less weight in the 1/4 mile. :wink:

Oh I see. Yeah I guess they look more rad without them and loses a lot more weight. I think I can live without one. I just like having a bike stand up rather than just leaning against something. Hmmmmm decisions, decisions. :?

FOUND OBJECTS said:
That's a keeper for sure! Great find!

I agree! :mrgreen: Thank you.

I haven't worked on the cleaning process yet. I'm still waiting for the upcoming swap meet to see if I can find a 20" CMC rear wheel that matches the front one. If I don't find one there then hopefully I can find one on the classifieds section. :)

Meanwhile, here it is... waiting for some love. :wink: :mrgreen:

DSC03388-1.jpg

sweet score!!I havent seen a red predator sticker set in awhile!Mostly all you see is the blue and black.The 80s schwinns have a serial #on the rear dropouts. One side will have a serial# and the other will have a built date.Very simple to date cause itll tell you right there.Just have to say it again,YOU TOTALLY SCORED congrats!

bikejunkie said:
sweet score!!I havent seen a red predator sticker set in awhile!Mostly all you see is the blue and black.The 80s schwinns have a serial #on the rear dropouts. One side will have a serial# and the other will have a built date.Very simple to date cause itll tell you right there.Just have to say it again,YOU TOTALLY SCORED congrats!

Thanks a lot dude. :mrgreen: You're very right... I haven't seen any Schwinn Predator pictures on the internet with a hint of red in the decals like mine has. If anyone finds a picture of one, let me know please. I wonder how long Schwinn made Predators like this model and color scheme. I agree with the easiness of decoding serial numbers like this one although I was a bit lost at first because I wasn't used to decoding old Schwinns without the stamp on the head badge even though the answer was right in front of my eyes. :mrgreen:

Take care!

I have that exact bike, pretty sure I have the rims still, looks to be in about the same shape as the one you picked up. Any help in the resto process would be great ( I'm new to this) Had the bike since I was 12 when my brother gave it to me, He had it since around 89.

I have a pair of snake belly skin gumwalls that i`d give ya but i`m in canada neat tires none the less finding the rear rim would be a pain, for the time being i`d find another one and paint it lol

DSCF3244.jpg

Here is my 83, not the same decal set, and I'm not having any luck finding the red rims that were taken off when these were put on. But otherwise its in good shape, minus the decals and non-original parts....rims, tires, brakes, grips. Can anyone tell me if everything else is?
DSCF3236.jpg

DSCF3241.jpg

DSCF3239.jpg

The pedals say "Victor" on them. Sorry bout the crap pics:(
DSCF3235.jpg

DSCF3233.jpg

DSCF3232.jpg

Back