1983 Schwinn Predator Cr Mo Free!

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I found this bike in the dumpster! :mrgreen: Yes, yes... I was very surprised once I saw a gum wall tire sticking out of a bunch of metal. Then I noticed it was chrome and saw the PREDATOR decal. :D Wooohooo! It's only missing a real wheel. Everything else needs some TLC but for the most part, it's all there and in decent condition. It's a 1983 Schwinn Predator Cr Mo Free old school BMX bike. It looks better in real life to be honest. I can't wait once I get a rear wheel and a new set of gum wall tires. :D

Note: Disregard the aluminum scrap... the house is undergoing some home improvement. :wink:

DSC03351.jpg

DSC03350.jpg

DSC03349.jpg

DSC03348.jpg

DSC03352.jpg

DSC03353.jpg

DSC03354.jpg

DSC03355.jpg

DSC03356.jpg

DSC03358.jpg

DSC03359.jpg

DSC03360.jpg

DSC03361.jpg

DSC03362.jpg

DSC03364.jpg

DSC03366.jpg

DSC03369.jpg

DSC03371.jpg

DSC03372.jpg

DSC03373.jpg

DSC03374.jpg

DSC03376.jpg

I picked a random wheel only to see how it would actually look like with one on it.
DSC03377.jpg

DSC03380.jpg

DSC03381-1.jpg

DSC03382.jpg

DSC03370.jpg

Rat Rod said:
Awesome find...great color combo!

Here's some tires for ya....

http://rinienterprises.com/categorydetail.cfm?id=14

tire1b.jpg

Those tires are totally rad, I may consider buying a pair. Thanks for the link, very helpful. There is also Dicks Sporting Goods, does Texas have any? If they can't sell tires, they mark them down for dirt cheap. There are currently 20" gum wall tires there for $3.99, at least last time I checked. I know, I know... my dutch is bringing out my cheapness. :lol:

What's the serial number on your frame? I'm trying to figure mine out but I'm clueless.

The last two digits say 83 on the right rear dropout (If I'm not mistaken) so I looked up different Predator Cr Mo Free models and looked closely at their pictures and one has the last two digits of 83 also. Yours says 82, so it's a 1982 I believe.

Cool, sounds right to me :| I might do yellow tires and grips, let's have a bmx buildoff!

SC :shock: RE!!!

Sweet find....Looks like it will clean up nicely...You got a good eye for Dumpsters ! :wink:

Ha Ha....gotta love those free g-cans from the city.

Everyone in our town got brand new ones about a year ago.

They filled an entire vacant grocery store parking lot with them all...stacked two high. :shock:

Our city has about 25k residents.

Thanks for all of the positive comments everyone. It's my best find of the year for sure.

Rat Rod said:
Here's the 85 Predator Streetwise I restored.

DSC_0018.jpg

Ooooooooh that looks so good. If those tires were edible, I can see myself trying to eat them, lol, they just look so good... :mrgreen:

Here's a couple bigger pictures of mine, I noticed some of the pictures were hard to make out...

And again: The wheel by the dropouts did not come with the bike and will definitely not stay, not even for an hour. I only put it there to give me an idea on how it would look like with a rear wheel as it doesn't have one. What's good is that I have some parts bikes and even a 1983 Schwinn World Tourist that I can get some reflectors off of it and put it on this one! :mrgreen: Now if only I could find a matching rear wheel for a good price. :D

DSC03377-1.jpg

DSC03380-1.jpg

Rat Rod said:
Ha Ha....gotta love those free g-cans from the city.

Everyone in our town got brand new ones about a year ago.

They filled an entire vacant grocery store parking lot with them all...stacked two high. :shock:

Our city has about 25k residents.

We are getting that same setup. They have them stacked in lots of parking lots. Boise's population is 205,000

Nice find on the bike. Chrome BMX always looks cool with the ANodized parts. But why is this model call "Chromo Free" Sounds like it is missing something important.

I need to find a chrome standard for mine but about 90% of the Predators I see on the internet don't have them. Did some Schwinn Predators not come with standards or did people just take them off so they could perform freestyle tricks better?

Back