1974 Matthews MS-1 Monoshock Frame

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ran into a old friend the other day and asked him if he still had this bike at his house. This bike was rust free,looked new,use to sit in his garage years ago and it was a complete bike. When I went to go pick it up it was outside laying on the ground and this was all that was left. Hoping someone can tell me what it is. Says MS-1 on the seat and the frame. Headbadge sticker is long gone.
HPIM0564.jpg

HPIM0567.jpg

HPIM0566.jpg
[*]
HPIM0565.jpg

HPIM0570.jpg

HPIM0568.jpg

HPIM0569.jpg

Re: Can anyone help me identify this springed frame?

I wonder if the MS is for mono-shock??

Re: Can anyone help me identify this springed frame?

Got bored after dinner and I finally found a use for this springer front fork I have.
HPIM0583.jpg

HPIM0584.jpg

Re: Can anyone help me identify this mono shock frame?

Looks to be about a 74 matthews Monoshock. It is missing the sweet ofrk off the front. Should still be a $75-$100 frame. I sold one with the forks in that shape for $225. Check out BMX museum for pics. Good find. Matt

check g kustom kuhls posts i think he had that frame and mightve said what it was...
also check posts by mad mr i think he had the same frame as well

Thanks for the info guys. I'm going back over to his house today and try and find the missing pieces. I hope they are still there.....

Matthews MS-1. Keeper!

If i found a HutchXL24 now that's a keeper i would love to find! Went back over to his house but we couldn't find any parts to the bike in his garage :-( Went to go get his dog untangled from her chain in the dark tripped and landed on my shoulder. Now it's going to be fun trying to take this thing apart with one arm in a sling. Going to be looking on ebay for a girder fork for this bike. If anyone sees a fork on ebay in the future let me know please. Just put the matthews frame in the closet with my 1985 Hutch Trickstar going to keep these bikes under lock and key and close to me at night lol

Hi there. I actually purchased the Matthews frame from tgriffin27 and am in the process of restoring it right now! I made him an offer on it and he accepted. (a class act guy and seller by the way - I have never received a bike with better packaging!!) I have always wanted to restore a Matthews as last name is Matthews and I had one as a kid!

If you would like to sell your stem, or are looking for any parts to trade let me know! I sure would be interested! I am in need of either a stem like the one you have, or a set of girder forks! Let me know if you would be interested in parting with it or doing some trading!

Post some pics when you can rustyford would love to see how it's coming along and yes he made me a offer I couldn't refuse :D

Back