1964 SCHWINN STING-RAY

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
My eyes are drooling! :mrgreen: I love the color and the whole outfit. It will look utterly superb with a non-rippy seat and a good detailing.

Thats a beauty Steve :mrgreen: I just Love original bikes!

insomniacshotrods said:
I love that color of blue. How could you get that color ? Id like to put it on a schinn im doing now. Looks alot like the 92 ford ranger pickup color to me. Thanks Nice bike also
Hyper-Formance Pete has all the stingray colors :)
http://www.hyper-formance.com/paints.htm

DSC_0021.jpg

Wow that cleaned up really NICE. I'm the guy that sold it to you.

Man I didnt know you owned this site. I check it out all the time.

Havent been a member long.

If I had known I would have talked you out of a couple of those cool ratrodbike.com decals.

Glad youre enjoying the Stingray.

very very cool steve. funny i just found a 64 ray my self unfortunatly mine is just the frame and kickstand. i want to restore it to og status like a j38. i was told by a stingray colector that the early rays all had the knoby out back from the factory. however i would bet that schwinn started offering it as an accesory towards the end of that year and i mean if you went into a shop and saw a drag slick for your stingray your telling me you wouldn't stick it on there? also maybe someone who knows early rays could conferm this but do the original rears for 64 rays still have the gold sticker on the sidewall? i will post pics of mine soon but she aint nearly as nice as yours well done!!

backpedaler said:
Rat Rod said:
cman said:
What is the overspray on the real hub and spokes from?

I think you're seeing things. :)

i'm seeing what he's seeing, overspray :shock:

Im seeing blue reflected in polished metal on the clean parts of the hub and normal powdery oxidization on the spokes

NIce bike, love them early 'rays... you don't see many of the real early bikes. I have a few of the early bikes: a '64 lime deluxe, a '65 lime delux in orig paint, but neither are this nice. I also have a '65 super delux that's been restored, but I prefer orig paint bikes. I have a blue '66 3 speed thats all orig, it's one of my favorite riders.

As for being correct, a '64 should have a 36 spoke center stamp rear rim. My '64 has a knobby style tire, my '65 has a slik (looks like a replacement) and my '66 has a yellow oval slik.

Here's my $10 '64 Super Deluxe from the salvage yard. Hard to believe this looked like yours at one time. 8) Gary
old2.jpg

Latest posts

Back