★★★ 2ND ANNUAL RRB AUCTION BIKE ★★★

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
That was a short nap for being up 26 hours! I know the answer, but not gonna let the cat out of the bag! What's the winner with the right answer get?

A. a ride on the auction bike
B. get to watch Dave tear up the auction bike
C. Fat lip!

:lol: :mrgreen: :lol: :mrgreen:

Everyone has come together to build a great bike... I think the person who wins this will be very happy... The overall value of this bike will far exceed any money spent on the purchase of it. To the winner.... You are comming out on top with this one.... 8)

Haven't heard from Cameron today, I bet he is out in the garage, as we speak, workin on that bike! 8)

garagegoon said:
Everyone has come together to build a great bike... I think the person who wins this will be very happy... The overall value of this bike will far exceed any money spent on the purchase of it. To the winner.... You are comming out on top with this one.... 8)

That sounds like you are giving up...

It has started.

IMAG0499.jpg

Poor guy... working 3rd shift and thrashing on the auction bike on your time off, and havent slept in a couple of days! how do you do it?

I couldnt do it, I need my beauty sleep. But you're young, plenty of time to sleep later! lol

udallcustombikes said:
garagegoon said:

That sounds like you are giving up...

It has started.

IMAG0499.jpg

Not giving up... I will do my best...

udallcustombikes said:
Critter1 said:
Is that stem gonna need some love to fit into the fork with the PC on it?

I haven't tried it yet, guess we will see.

Shouldn't be a problem! I have powder coated stems quite a few times & it is a little tighter, but not a problem. If it is, just grind a little off the part that won't show.

Assembly has started with problems right off the bat! I always start at the front of the bike and work to the back. Went to install the head cups and they didn't fit :x

I got the files out to clean the excess powder coating off but that didn't help. Dug a little deeper and it just wasn't happening, so off to the parts bin for bearing cups that fit. I found a matching pair and broke out the gloss black paint. Now we have to wait on them to dry.

I went ahead and installed the bottom bracket, crank, rear wheel and chain. I will get some pics up later.

Ratfink1962 said:
Poor guy... working 3rd shift and thrashing on the auction bike on your time off, and havent slept in a couple of days! how do you do it?

I couldnt do it, I need my beauty sleep. But you're young, plenty of time to sleep later! lol

And I am getting sick to boot. Feels like strep. :( Ain't gonna stop progress though.

Your are a trooper, my friend. You didn't really expect it to go together with no snags did you? :lol: Guess i'm not the only one that happens to! Hope you get to feeling better & if there is anything I can do, let me know. Remember, the deadline is not set in stone!

Back