RRBBO13 ○〇◯ Holeshot ◯〇○ What... Me Worry? FINISHED Trek CNC Rail Checkered Chopper

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Some people have suggested putting a nanner on here. I tested the look a few days back and didn't care for it.

View attachment 78946

After work yesterday I was sitting in the shop staring at the bike and I notice s monark springer front in a box behind it. The springs reminded me of the spoiler springs and then I thought it might be cool to have a suspension sissy bar (like bighit did with Supervillian). Well I had to try and mock it up from there.

I really don't feel this, but I figured I'd post up the mockup anyway.

View attachment 78947 View attachment 78948 View attachment 78949 View attachment 78950
I like the banana seat.
But........ I try put banana seat on everything.

Which seat is the most comfy?
Stylin' still gotta be comfy or ya never ride it...

Carl.

Last edited:
I like the spring nana, maybe not on this bike.

Yep, saddle=yes
Banana =no
Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I like the banana seat.
But........ I try put banana seat on everything.

Like I said, I pretty much wasn't feeling the nanner on this build, but I had to mock it up. I do like the springer pan though. I already have a cool paint scheme for it too. I'll have to rebuild and straighten parts of this seat, but I am pretty certain it's a keeper

To me, man, it's all about that frame. You don't need all that other stuff unless it improves the ride (IMHO)

You have a very special frame there. Let it shine, bro, let it shine!

I love it when someone has a passionate opinion. :D
After building a Twin Bar, a Silver King, and a Hawthorne Twin (5 bar). It's not my first rodeo with a special frame. :D I truly get what you are trying to say, but at the same time, you know I can't just go stock. Anyone can do that, and it's just not my way of having fun with these build offs. I am all about experimentation and mock ups and I show it all even if I don't intend on using it.
No matter how cool or special the frame and parts may be, I am more likely to "keep it stupid" than to "keep it simple". :D

Here is my roughed out idea for the seatpan. Three holes in the top pan. Accent color for the bottom pan. Then some checkerboard pattern on the top pan.

20180630_125615.jpg

The checkered bar tape came in to. Here is a test sample of it.

20180630_113528.jpg

It's after Memorial Day, so I think it's fashionably okay to mix checkerboard with holes. :D

Maybe flip the seat colors, checkered in the holes to match the rim...

Carl.

Edit: Oh wait! Your rim doesn't have holes like some do....

Maybe flip the seat colors, checkered in the holes to match the rim...

Carl.

Edit: Oh wait! Your rim doesn't have holes like some do....

That could still be cool. I'll keep that in mind, but I like the first draft of my seat art. We'll see how it shakes out.

Here are some more pics of the other day. Once I put the pan saddle on, I wanted to test the holey fins. Ever since I scaled down the mock up of these, I not quite sure I have the right size or if I will even keep them. But here goes for reference purposes. I may just scale them back a bit more. Gonna wait until I finish the seat to decide what works best.

20180630_113026.jpg
20180630_113032.jpg
20180630_113040.jpg

The other part of the fin equation is, they do hide some of the effect of the checkerboard rims. And with the proposed checker seat cover, without the fins it might 'flow' better. Just spit ballin' here.

You have the Masters Degree in doodaddery. I'm just an undergrad when it comes to the College of Ratrodtology.

Here is some more mock up experimental fun that I had with Holeshot. I pulled out the stock screamer butterfly bars.

This gives you some perspective on how scaled up and cool the Mothra bars are

20180630_120310.jpg

THIS IS EXPERIMENTAL ONLY AND WILL NOT BE USED THIS WAY :D

20180630_120453.jpg
20180630_120458.jpg
20180630_120528.jpg

While I had the original Screamer butterflies, I mounted them up on the upper stem.

20180630_122123.jpg
20180630_122130.jpg
20180630_122142.jpg

Back