RRBBO13 ○〇◯ Holeshot ◯〇○ What... Me Worry? FINISHED Trek CNC Rail Checkered Chopper

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Those's bars are RAD !

Ordered some of this to try out.

s-l1600 (4).jpg

The original Screamer butterfly apes were meant to mimic the butterfly steering wheels found in dragsters. Something about the positioning of these Mothras on Holeshot gives more of a dragster butterfly vibe than a apehanger vibe. (mini dragster from 1970 :D )

dragster.jpg

Last edited:
Some people have suggested putting a nanner on here. I tested the look a few days back and didn't care for it.

20180628_183844.jpg

After work yesterday I was sitting in the shop staring at the bike and I notice s monark springer front in a box behind it. The springs reminded me of the spoiler springs and then I thought it might be cool to have a suspension sissy bar (like bighit did with Supervillian). Well I had to try and mock it up from there.

I really don't feel this, but I figured I'd post up the mockup anyway.

20180629_184204.jpg
20180629_184350.jpg
20180629_184441.jpg
20180629_184457.jpg

Looks 'racier' , more 'holeshotier' with your original saddle / design.

If you were going for 'bouncy' , then the above would fit.

Looks 'racier' , more 'holeshotier' with your original saddle / design.

If you were going for 'bouncy' , then the above would fit.

:D I pulled aside an old bare metal saddle that I have. I think I am going to play around with it today.

My problem with going the nanner full blown chopper route is that I want something different than another "Poke Choppa". I had a blast with that one, but I want a different vibe with this build.

I agree on the nanner. Too far back, imo, for the frame.

Adding Bare bobber seat with a center pad, with low sprung springs, would fit in quite well. ;-)

If you are talking about a seat that is slammed on this frame, it wouldn't be ridable. The frame is to low on the back end. : D

Here us the seat I am planning to use. I know it will be comfy cuz this pan is just like the one I used on Flexy.

20180630_112453.jpg
20180630_112442.jpg
20180630_112514.jpg
20180630_112502.jpg

Last edited:
My first 4 build offs were wood or metal pans. The past 3 have been full seats. Time to get back to my roots. These open up paint and finish options too.

I like that seat brother. You can send me that Nana [emoji16]
My first 4 build offs were wood or metal pans. The past 3 have been full seats. Time to get back to my roots. These open up paint and finish options too.

Sent from my XT1080 using Tapatalk

Back