Search results

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
  1. Bland_JamesBland

Lets See Those 26" BMX Styled Cruiser Builds

I really like this setup! I'm thinking of putting an MTB fork on my 29er cruiser. This looks really good too! Not sure on what direction I want to take my bike! Might have to find a bare frame and build something of it.
  2. Bland_JamesBland

Dual Springer Monark Type - how to adjust?

I would think that they should be riding on some kind of bushing over the bolts. Otherwise the bolts would tear up the brackets or vise versa.
  3. Bland_JamesBland

Bottom Bracket Conversion

Thanks again 808 - you're a ton of help!
  4. Bland_JamesBland

My new design.

Most have been the one at the shop. I was there with a friend, quite the place ya got.
  5. Bland_JamesBland

These are the cranks I've ordered and the Redline BB kit. Want a 37-40t chain ring.... but I should be able to use the ring that came with my Schwinn bike maybe?
  6. Bland_JamesBland

My new design.

I think I've seen a couple of those. Very unique looking. Also an AZ resident.
  7. Bland_JamesBland

I was originally going to go with a Euro BB conversion, but not I'm convinced on getting a BMX 3-piece set. I found some sweet Matte Red and Matte Orange ones that are the large coarse 8 spline with pinch bolts. My step-son has a BMX bike with similar ones and they've held up to some major abuse...
  8. Bland_JamesBland

Show us your Dogs/Cats/Pets

I search (and I'm bored)... but we all love our pets and I'm sure you love showing them off. I'm a dog person, and we currently have two. Charlie (aka The Weasel) is a Border Terrier mix we adopted from the AHCS Roscoe (aka RooRoo, aka Rupert) is a Boxer Coon Hound mix that was also adopted...
  9. Bland_JamesBland

Upgrades! What do I need to make them happen?

I saw those yesterday! Very informative.
  10. Bland_JamesBland

Sweet! Thak you guys soo much!
  11. Bland_JamesBland

Undid the 6mm head screw and the whole assembly came out. Its stamped 22.2...
  12. Bland_JamesBland

Thanks! I measured, and it looks like the chainline is around 42mm. Retrospec doesn't have any specs on their site unfortunately... so I might have to pick that up first in order to get the correct BB right? As far as the threaded neck goes... I'll have to get back with you on that.
  13. Bland_JamesBland

Yeah, that Schwinn sorry.
  14. Bland_JamesBland

Done some reading, and browsing and found a few things I'd like to get for my bike. Yes it's a week old and I've already torn it apart and gone through everything. :D I was browsing on Amazon and saw this Aqua colored 3-piece crank set by Retrospec. What do I need to get this on my bike? It...
  15. Bland_JamesBland

1920s INDY RACE CARS

Not a race car, but another very cool FWD 1920's car... Cord L-29.
  16. Bland_JamesBland

Taking a Break from Social Media

I have facebook to keep in touch with close friends. I don't "friend" anyone I haven't met in person. But lately, I've not been on it much... slowly starting to stop using it, if not as just a way to contact some one who I don't have a phone number for.
  17. Bland_JamesBland

Don't know what to call this thing...

I've seen one similar to those before. It's a lot like when you are on a tredmill with no power and you push the belt around. You really aren't walking, you're pushing a bit. Was very cool, but super odd.
  18. Bland_JamesBland

Anyone into Legos

When I was younger I had like 4-5 5gal buckets full. I never kept anything "box stock" for long, and quickly dismantled it to build random creations. My best was a robot with 2 or 3 mini-figs inside of it. Ahh memories.
  19. Bland_JamesBland

What was it?

It's one of those training trailer things? Very cool.
Back