Taking a Break from Social Media

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
23   0   0
I've had enough of Facebook. I'm not on Twitter, Instagram or such and never was. I don't how long I'll be gone from Facebook, probably permanently but we'll see. I've deactivated my account in the meantime, which means that unfortunately my business page went with it. I didn't get any sales from it anyway, but it was cool to have car guys convene and share, comment, etc.

I think social media adds more stress to my life and want to live. I also recognized that it was getting addicting. I have also been battling some personal demons of my own and needed some time away. It's been so bad lately that I've wanted to scream, cry, and laugh all at once. I can feel God working on me and despite my terrible way, never gives up on me. Never gives up on anyone. I suppose that discussion is best left elsewhere, since religeon and politics don't exactly belong here.

Sorry if anyone feels mislead this past week because of the link in my sig, clicking and expecting something while getting something else. I'll get that fixed tonight.

I'll still be on the forums, buying and selling parts, posting pics, and lurking.

Thank you everyone!

I don't use facebook either that much. I only opened an account to see what people from my high school look like nowadays, but other than that I only log in about twice a year and I really don't care what people are doing every 5 seconds of their lives or need to announce it.

Good luck to you.

I'm up on the times and I consider myself a computer guy but I would never have a FB account for many reasons. I did try myspace when it first came out but it only lasted a few months. It was kinda fun at first but then the bad outweighed the good so I deleted it forever. If I wasn't a bike/car guy I wouldn't have any social media.

I use FB to message with my family members back in the states and over here also. But I also spend too much time posting pics and reading useless things there also. I've had friends get fed up also and leave, but it's addicting, they show back up in a couple weeks. I see where I have 8 notifications right now but am trying to ignore them.

My Mom dragged me into FB believe it or not. :rolleyes: Still, she's happy if I check it twice a week or so, so no worries...

Oh, they will find you....they will find you....
One of my old girlfriends was looking for me but she found my brother instead. She went around the fact that I don't have a FB, she kinda found me anyway. Turns out she's married, I doubt her husband knows she looks up old boyfriends.

I remember when I got my first apartment I paid extra to keep my phone number private (out of the phonebook). It's so different these days, I don't get how some people put so much online. Also, I heard a good many divorces are attributed to FB.

I have facebook to keep in touch with close friends. I don't "friend" anyone I haven't met in person. But lately, I've not been on it much... slowly starting to stop using it, if not as just a way to contact some one who I don't have a phone number for.

Jim Florentine did several podcasts that are on youtube about facebook. It's definitely worth listening to, him and I have exactly the same opinions regarding Facebook. It's entertaining and funny as well. All the stuff he talks about is precisely why I'll never be on that site, he explains everything to a T. Check it out :41:

Last edited:
I know this is an old post but I'm glad im not the only one who is anti social media. I deleted my facebook about 6 years ago and it was the best decision of my life. with the exception of this and the cabe I have no form of social media.

I know, I know, I feel the same way. Sadly, I have close friends and family on FB, and they would likely be crushed if I left...so we compromise. They post all the time but don't take it personally if I reply late (only check FB twice a week if that)so it works.

The site I really should stop visiting is Youtube-dear sweet Lord what a timesink THAT can be-so many DIY videos. Sooooooooo many many many shiny video things to watch and oh look it is now the next DAY....:20: Still, it was a Youtube link that led me to this place, so......

I know this is an old post but I'm glad im not the only one who is anti social media. I deleted my facebook about 6 years ago and it was the best decision of my life. with the exception of this and the cabe I have no form of social media.
I just saw the South Park episode tonight where they make fun of FB, it was really funny.

Latest posts

Back