Search results

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
  1. lildietz

1936-38 Elgin modification.

really cool build here. i like it.
  2. lildietz

schwinn heavy duty and a maint' stand

I have the same stand. Just save yourself the hassle and clamp it by the seatpost. It would suck to scratch the paint.
  3. lildietz

One of those deals

Welllllllllllllll??!?!?
  4. lildietz

Felt Bicycle Pics

I want one of these frames so bad! The rawed ones with yellow lettering on the tires are really cool, but the Chief definitely takes the cake. Awesome bikes everyone.
  5. lildietz

schwinn heavy duty and a maint' stand

Always clamp bikes by the seatpost. I've seen too many crumpled seattubes on bikes from guys that don't know what they were doing.
  6. lildietz

Electra Bicycle Pics

These Boney Finger bikes are SO COOOL!
  7. lildietz

3-WAY

I'll be watching this one! Looks cool.
  8. lildietz

B-52 trike

This is so cool!
  9. lildietz

SCHWINN MANTA RAY WORK FIND

He found it in some guys garage? Uhh....
  10. lildietz

Electra Straight 8,electric chopper project

I just wanted to add that:
  11. lildietz

"LACKLUSTER"

Holy cow. That is a beautiful bike.
  12. lildietz

My $37 1954 Schwinn Ladies balloon tire!

Lacing wheels is an awesome thing to know. Between the 2 shops that are under my shop/s name, we have a total of about 12 employees, 2 1/2 of which knows how to lace wheels. (I think I count as a half because I am learning). It's actually really easy once you get the hang of it. I am off...
  13. lildietz

I might be off tomorrow, in which case I will probably go to the shop to lace up my wheels. The tires haven't been ordered yet, but I know what I'm going to get. Here is a picture of them:
  14. lildietz

If you walked into my shop it would be $1.50 for the spoke plus $20 to true the wheel.
  15. lildietz

Enjoy. I did the front hub today. All nice and clean. I need to reassemble both hubs pretty soon because my rims and spokes will be here tomorrow and I don't want to waste any time! The chain has been soaking in Liquid Wrench chain lubricant for 6 days. I hope that's long enough...
  16. lildietz

Hammered Higgins (In Finished Builds)

Re: Hammered Higgins (Pretty much done - New Kickstand) I almost want to say that it would look better with out the head on the hammer.
  17. lildietz

The faux chrome part thing kinda went out the window when I applied the clearcoat. Now they look like faux powdercoat. I think it's better that way. The faux chrome just looks sooo cheap. I will go take pics and try to get them up within the hour. We'll be right back after a word from our...
  18. lildietz

Dents I don't mind... they are easy to take out. It's the rust that is the problem. I suppose I could get some bondo and take some time with them, but it's going to be a few hours of body work regardless. I ordered rims and spokes that will be at the shop tomorrow. The frame and fork have...
  19. lildietz

Electra Straight 8,electric chopper project

That is an insane bike. I think I'm in love. I want a Straight 8 so bad.... we have one in one of the shops I work at (under the same 2 owners) and I ride it nearly every day to get a burrito for lunch. :lol: The only thing I don't like is the coaster brake and sound the hub makes when...
  20. lildietz

HiaWhatThe? might have to call her done,not sure yet

You and Eva are in my thoughts and prayers. We are all hoping for the very, very best. I can't even fathom what you both are going through right now.
Back