Search results

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
  1. R

FOUND WTB: Wald Tomahawk Stem

I have one if you’re still looking. It’s the Wald #5 (#36 from the above ad) Adding a photo if you’re interested in. Never mounted and the chrome is spectacular.
  2. R

DILLIGAF Shelby "Bareflow" (formerly Hiawatha Arrow)

Dilligaf, Loving the build thus far... on both bikes. I usually don't mind when people build up early bicycles, but I truly am happy that you let the Arrow go to a good home, it's one of only I'd say 20 OG survivors (20 might be generous). I think it shows real class on your part and shows that...
  3. R

The Devil May Ride...

AND one more question for all of you: Should I use a long spring saddle with Lucky7 seat post or a Brooks saddle with Lucky7 or... should I by a repro Hairpin saddle and use that with a lucky7???
  4. R

The Devil May Ride...

So my plans are to repaint the frame, add the Higgins beehive springer, add a wooden tank with a water transfered design my lady came up with to the tank, and use a road bike stem with a 3" hang to it. Also, I've got some donor pedals from another bike (see the photos) I'll post my ladies design...
  5. R

The Devil May Ride...

Hey everybody... First build newbie here!!! So, I've been restoring bicycles for a while, but I've always wanted to customize one strictly for myself. I came across a 48' CWC Frame that I really love and had no use for, so it's becoming my custom bike. I already have a Higgins beehive springer...
  6. R

My two newest recruits

Gotta send a SHOUT out to BadBrad!!! I got the elgin from him and I went back today and picked up the front fender. Who does that?? I've never dealt with someone so honest and just plain AWESOME in my life. Thank you BRAD!!! Btw, Brad runs an amazing bicycle shop in Granite City, IL and form now...
  7. R

My two newest recruits

Hot Rod... Thank you for the photos you sent. It will help when the time comes to repaint that beast. AND man, you just blew my mind with that B/W photo of the kid. That's amazing!!! Where'd you find that??? thank you so much, judd
  8. R

My two newest recruits

I'll stop by tomorrow!!! Thank you!!!
  9. R

My two newest recruits

Love that bike Hotrod!! In fact, after I removed most of the brown house paint off the Wards, a lot of the original paint is still there. Even some of the chrome is still shining. But the paint job on mine matches exactly to yours. Do you think you could PM some up close photos of the paint job...
  10. R

My two newest recruits

I found both of these within a week of each other. Sometimes I wonder where the Bike Gods are at and then you have a crazy week like this!!! The first is a 38-40 Wards Hawthorne built by Snyder... the second is an Elgin moto bike, that's all I know about her at the moment. Any help would be...
  11. R

Memory Lane Today

I'm off to Memory Lane's Bicycle Swap Meet. Should be there by 10 am. Bringing a '41 Girls Firestone Cruiser, a '63 Deluxe Spaceliner (no tank), a '42 Mens Rollfast, a Heavy weight Ladies bike unknown, a '73 Free Spirit Spyder (red white blue edition), an unknown childs bike named a Murray...
  12. R

Demo from Ohio just joined!

Hey there everyone. First and foremost... amazing site and even better bikes. You people are my hero's. I'm 30 yrs. old living in Ohio and in my spare time I restore bikes and pick peoples barn's for whatever sort of bikes they have. Day by day my collection grows. It started when I was 16, my...
Back