Search results

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
  1. sean1960

Slow Spokes DFW Bicycle Swap Meet and Show, September 20, 2014

Nice show and swap meet. We had a good time!
  2. sean1960

Burrito bikes!!

Kota, I like what you did with the steering on this. I took a similar approach to the steering on a recumbent that I built years ago.
  3. sean1960

Burrito bikes!!

They are 26" tires I found on the internet a few years ago.
  4. sean1960

what all has been done to a Jesse James bike

Started on this last year I just didn't get very far.
  5. sean1960

Burrito bikes!!

Just pretend this doesn't have a kickstand!
  6. sean1960

Show me your quality spray bomb job

All of my bicycles have rattle can paint jobs. Here's an example of what happens when you can't decide what color to use.
  7. sean1960

SPACELINER CONVERTIBLE (A Non-Invasive Sex Reassignment)

Nice work! I do have some questions but I think I will wait till you get further along. Your future progress will probably answer all my questions.
  8. sean1960

Old homemade Pennyfarthing basket case

Luke, it's on the back burner for a while. Now that the weather is getting warmer I'm back on my 4x4 project.
  9. sean1960

"120 tooth MINI-VELO"

I'm guessing your going with option 2. Either one of them would be cool. I would probably end up building both eventually.
  10. sean1960

Thank you todhunter for that information I was concerned that I may have been weakening the metal. Rust is less of a concern to me because the bicycle will be kept in the house most of the time.
  11. sean1960

It is 308/308L (3/32" welding rod).
  12. sean1960

Rustysprockets sorry to disappoint you with the build change. I am curious myself to find how durable this wheel assembly will be. I think with 72 spokes it will hold up fine.
  13. sean1960

That's it Kingfish! Renaissance man I did a Google search about stainless steel. I found that it is recommended be worked cold if possible. If stainless is heated 800*F to 1500*F it can cause intergranular corrosion. This means that the spokes may rust where I heated them. It went on to say...
  14. sean1960

Thanks. I can't what till I've finished building this wheel so I can set it aside and get started on the frame. I have changed directions on the configuration of the bicycle. After careful consideration I have decided not to build a penny farthing. I have no desire to go flying over the...
  15. sean1960

Just another Swingbike

Nice!!
  16. sean1960

Thanks.
  17. sean1960

SPACELINER CONVERTIBLE (A Non-Invasive Sex Reassignment)

Very nice. Can't wait to see the final product.
  18. sean1960

Here are some pictures of my crude but affective method of putting the heads on my spokes. I'm using 3/32" stainless steel welding rods for the spokes. The end of each rod needs to be heated and then formed. I'm sure I am no doubt affecting the integrity of the metal by heating it but I tried...
  19. sean1960

I don't understand the negative stigma that bike shops have w/ "customizers"

I frequent the same bike shop over and over because they know me. They know the types of things I generally look for and they don't try and sell me something I don't need. Most of the other local bike shops I don't even go in any more. It is getting increasingly more and more difficult to find...
  20. sean1960

Yes. I will take more pictures this weekend and show how I'm making them.
Back