YZ-24 MotoBike ...now SOUTHERN FLYER (6th Place) *revised*

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: bmX-RATED for ADULTS ONLY - YZ-24 MotoBike (fork issue)

LukeTheJoker said:
Loving this build, very inspiring!
Just wondering how will you be attaching the frame knuckle to the bb axle? had a similar idea a while back, and came up with a solution but just wondering what you are planning, as my idea was a bit rough for want of a better word...

Luke.
Thanks Luke...
As of now the idea is to cut a square hole in the side plates, shorten the ends of the square shaft leaving enough for a washer to slip over and then snug it together with a bolt in each side. (I hope that makes sense)!
I'm also considering a collar on the side plates with a set screw in the side.
100_5297_zps6e1f7c8c.jpg

Re: bmX-RATED for ADULTS ONLY - YZ-24 MotoBike

Geometry class was one of my favorites. It was something I could see and figure out. Would have been neat to have done some of the geometry you are doing with your frame. Neat stuff.

Too cool.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk 4 Beta

Re: bmX-RATED for ADULTS ONLY - YZ-24 MotoBike (fork issue)

Lowlife Lucas said:
This thing looks awesome so far!
Thank you Lucas :)

LukeTheJoker said:
Thanks for responding TRMan, I understand!

Luke.
Glad that made sense. Sometimes its hard to describe what you see.

MazdaFlyer said:
Geometry class was one of my favorites. It was something I could see and figure out. Would have been neat to have done some of the geometry you are doing with your frame. Neat stuff.
That would be fun. If they would teach classes that way, more people would find the things that interest them instead of just trying to get a passing grade. I'm glad that you like what I'm trying to do with it.

cman said:
Too cool.
Thanks cman!

tanksalot said:
Wow this will be a fun ride ... :D
I'm really looking forward to that day. I hope your right! :D

Worked on rendering the fork brace and brake mount today. Like with the knuckle, I prefer to work it out on the computer before I make a part. Then I'll make a rough part to see if it works before making a finished piece.

forkbrace_zpsd5498114.jpg

nice rendering, have you found any MX fenders for it?

Troy

The Renaissance Man said:
Thanks Troy.
I'm not planning to use a front fender just because the original moto-bike only had a rear fender.
As for the rear, I'm going to make one out of fiberglass.
way cool! I guess the yz 400 had a presten front fender on it now that A think about it

Troy

Re: bmX-RATED for ADULTS ONLY - YZ-24 MotoBike (help wanted)

:?: :?: :?: Do any of you fat tire guys have a suggestion for a 36 hole 24"x2"(+-) alloy rim that won't break the bank? :?: :?: :?:
viewtopic.php?f=3&t=62829 :?: :wink:

Re: bmX-RATED for ADULTS ONLY - YZ-24 MotoBike HELP WANTED!

Jim,
Try member indchuck-z, I got a set of wide 24" Worksman rims from him for a GREAT price.

Mine were steel though, he may have some alloys off the rear of a trike. If he was any, be sure to ask what spoke size they take. The steel Worksmans often use an 11ga heavy duty spoke, you could always drill out your hub, if you're comfortable doing it.

I think the Eagle and Eagle Lite models use an alloy rim with normal 12 or 14ga spokes.

Good luck! Really digging this BTW!

Cheers,
Rob

Thanks everyone for the suggestions. I should be able to get what I need now! :)

Good to hear from you Rob, it's been a while. I've got a nice tank and chain guard for sale if you're interested! :p

Re: bmX-RATED for ADULTS ONLY - YZ-24 MotoBike (help wanted)

:?: :?: :?: Do any of you fat tire guys have a suggestion for a 36 hole 24"x2"(+-) alloy rim that won't break the bank? :?: :?: :?:

This was posted wrong! The wheel that I need is a 32 hole instead of 36!

I'm back to looking again!!! :x ANY IDEAS?

Very little progress made lately. I did fit the center tube and got it welded in place. I still have to make the knuckle parts out of steel before I can continue.

100_5316_zpsed1d395d.jpg

There will only be about a half inch clearance for the chain above the chain stay. Hopefully that won't be an issue. :|

:!: STILL SEARCHING FOR A RIM! :!:

Very little progress made lately. I did fit the center tube and got it welded in place. I still have to make the knuckle parts out of steel before I can continue.

100_5316_zpsed1d395d.jpg

There will only be about a half inch clearance for the chain above the chain stay. Hopefully that won't be an issue. :|

:!: STILL SEARCHING FOR A RIM! :!:
i think the bend in the center tube is what cause your chain clearance issues :roll:
but a straight tube would require the whole rear thing to be placed at a steeper angle therefore a longer shock would be needed ..i think:?

Latest posts

Back