YOUR BIKE COST HOW MUCH ?!?!?!?!?!

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

How much have you paid for your favorite bike (or the sum of its parts) ?

• $1000 or more

Votes: 8 16.3%
  • $750-$999

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • $500-$749

Votes: 3 6.1%
  • $300-$499

Votes: 6 12.2%
  • $200-$299

Votes: 8 16.3%
  • $100-$199

Votes: 13 26.5%
  • $50-$99

Votes: 4 8.2%
  • $30-$49

Votes: 3 6.1%
  • less than $30

Votes: 2 4.1%
  • free

Votes: 2 4.1%

• Total voters

CCR

Mouth-Breather
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
13   0   0
figured id make this a poll, its not for braggin rights unless its how cheap you got :mrgreen:

How much have you paid for your favorite bike ?

I can't decide which is my favorite. I like some for there appearance and others for there performance. I guess for appearance I like my Peashooter build and for performance off road I like my Giant Iguana mountain bike. For speed I like my Nishiki road bike. :? None cost over $600 (the Nishiki was about that in 1988).

My favorite is The Goose that I actually pulled out of the garbage. I spent $50 for the tires and $5 for the eight ball sticker. Everything else I had laying around. It took me 10 years of tinkering to get her there, but now she is perfect.

Canon010-1.jpg

My pic-in-ic cruiser I got for free but by the time I went to town on it and all of the add-on's I would only let it go for no less than $900
IMG_3077.jpg

My fav in the fleet right now is my "Slick Daddy" Around here it was worth $1200 .. :roll:.... But I was able to get it off of Clothes" pin" in for $400 :mrgreen: Thanks buddy I will never let this one go!
IMG_3167.jpg

IMG_3171.jpg

Many of you thought I was crazy when I sold this one

I picked it up for $50 I belive
IMG_0656.jpg

turned it into this with some help from some guys here on the board

IMG_1203.jpg

IMG_1205.jpg

and sold it for $500 :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

FW

my cruiser is worth around 600-800$, my 2 mountain bikes arouind 3000$ each. (it what they are worth, its not what i paid for)

My favorite bike is probably my Xtracycle as I ride it everyday to work,store and kids. The cost to replace the bike would be expensive but 2 auction donors helped to keep the price down when I built it. This is my car replacement. Instead of selling the too many bikes, I have been thinking of selling a truck or two :shock: :shock:

I hate the thought of how much has gone into this, but as someone else said earlier, I still haven't hit the cost of many of the cars I've had, or even the last boat.

I can sum up a few..
'04 Slick Daddy (Stretch Orangestrong), full boat retail less 10%, then it got mostly replaced with the exception of the fork, frame, and the front caliper. Price = Ouch
'05 Felt Scythe (The Rat Royale), Got a deal at $100 under retail, again, the only pieces left are the frame, fork, chainguard, and a plate behind the seat tube. Price = Ouch
'06 Cannibal (Silver), Frame, fork, and rear hub are left. How much help did I get from my son? NADA! Price = Ouch
Pile 'O Schwinns - 27 of them in various states of done and un-doneness (is that a word?)
Price = No thanks.

Most recent purchase - '67 Cycle-Truck (advertised as a '60).. And I REALLY want to spend some more on this, but I am out of luck for a while. This one blew the budget (Ok, there really isn't one, but I know this pushed the limits of how much will she put up with even though she said "Make 'em an offer").. BUT ..... It was well worth it. Wanted one for a LOOOOOOONG time, got it! So far - Tires, rear brake overhaul, a reflector & housing (that don't seem to fit yet), and some major league cleanup. It was OK to begin with, but had been sitting for several years right next door to salt water. (Florida + salt water = rusty scale!) When I rode it for the first time, and my wife said she was glad there were no bugs out or they'd be stuck in my teeth.
Priceless!

My wife also says this beats a lot of other stuff I could be doing, plus she generally knows where to find me at any given time. :)

Reality:
This is the best hobby I've had in a really long time.
Cars, Trucks, Boats, and even telescopes .... Nothing was cheap to free..

Rat Royale
REC Elsewhere

stephen said:
Gerry,

'The Goose' is cool! The unusual colours work well, and something I never saw before - the pedal reflectors match the rest of the bike! :)

It never came to my mind about the reflectors :D Thanks for pointing it out.

I try to keep things within cheap or next to nothing,the most money I paid for a bike was a Ross mountain bike I bought in 85 $200. Within the past seven years $58.99 plus tax for my Wally World Stingray, my favorite bike is my 81 Schwinn 5 speed cruiser I paid $20.00 for six years ago at a yardsale the rest of my 40 plus bikes were mostly free. this is why I am having so much fun....I can afford it :D :D

Back