YOU MUST CHECK THESE OUT!

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
whats-new.jpg

cool rims- not a real wood but a powdercoated rim that looks like real wood- nicely done!

700c size.

not cheap either whew :shock:

but be killer for a cool custom.

cant get em ordered retaIL- gotta play the game through a dealer. :(

I called Alger Cycle today. They are the US distributor of Velocity wheels. These particular rims have not arrived in the states yet (should be about 3 more weeks). They are not cheap. He told me $110 for each hoop. No spokes or hub. I'm sure they will be available as a complete set of wheels but I did not get a price on that.

now if someone wood do some real wood rims that wood be real cool woodn't it?

i use wood burls for knife handles all the time.(english briorwood,splatted birch etc. problem with burls, the wood likes to seperate.

all my burls are actually stablized (epoxy forced into the wood under presure) so when your cutting/shaping it it smells and works like a solid block of plastic.

i wonder if those wheels are being stablized? i doubt it (cause there would be no need for any sort of protective finish/powder coat)the epoxy in the wood buff's right up.

i'd be worried about those things blowing apart at speeds. a stablished wood rim on the other hand, would probably last a lifetime.

Back