You ever get a bike you really enjoy?

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Late 70's US built Huffy. I bought this bike a while back at a thrift store. It had that nasty black foam all over the handlebars, and the whitewall tires were gonzo.

First change....
100_0424.jpg

Heavy duty detail, new handlebars and stem, red tires on the chrome wheels, 52T chainring

Second change.....
100_0655.jpg

Black wheelset with S/A three speed hub, front hub shiner, new grips, ditched the reflectors.

Third change.......
100_1035.jpg

New seat, added front light and rear reflector

Fourth change........
100_1447.jpg

100_1448.jpg

Chrome springer (almost looks black...night time picture I think), Electra Diamond pattern seat, ditched the light and reflector

I think I'm done......yeah, right..........

TommyTwoTime said:
I like the apes but the chaingaurds gotta go. Or at least change it to a cooler one. :lol:

I wasn't going to say anything, but now that the elephant in the room has been pointed out, I gotta agree. At least black that sucker out, if you don't ditch it. Anybody who can rememebr the eighties knows that Good Vibrations logo means "cheap, easily-bent Huffy". As long as you're not jumping it (like I always did) it will remain the awesome ride I'm seeing in the pics.

Back