YEAH She can RIDE now!!!

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Today my 7 year old daughter learned how to ride a bike! :D She had the I cant do it attitude for over a year and didnt even want to get on a bike unless she had training wheels.So I picked up a scooter for her a couple weeks ago and after watching her I knew she had the balance down so it was time to learn.I finally convinced her to try and she was crying until she realized I was not holding her up and she changed to laughter in an instant.So she rode for two hours straight after that and loved making the tire skid everytime she stopped.There no better feeling then realizing the freedom of riding a bike. 8) Needless to say im a extra proud daddy today! :mrgreen: Heres a pic of her riding until dark!
bike065.jpg

great job Dad. She will remember this day, especially if you tell about her every family gathering! :D

Way to go !!! Most of the kids bikes i end up coming across have a bald rear tire :) Sounds like she'll figure out how that happens :mrgreen:

thats so awesome!! :mrgreen:

I remember that day like it was last week.. now my little girl rides in triathlons!! :wink:

That's the best feeling, for the both of you. I was so proud when my eldest rode by herself.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Good for her!!!!!

....and good for you for keeping on it. My dad got frustrated after too few tries to teach me, but my older sister stepped up to the plate. I still thank her for it.

AWESOME, there is hope for my 6 year old yet!! She can only go so fast on her princess bike with the training wheels, and I would love to actually be able to ride my bike with her, but she goes so slow I would fall off!! Maybe a year will make a difference! Thank you for the hope. :)

I'm proud every day when my 4yo son gets on his little bike and bombs around the yard, then I let him out on the road and he passes older kids who are still on training wheels. I'm not bragging, the balance bike I made for him taught him. I taught my daughter the hard way last year, she was 6 almost 7, but m 4 year old can ride circles around her. My goal is that my little one will be riding before her 3rd birthday.

Sad thing, I've got girls in my youth group that can't ride a bike and are now so old that they have a fear that would be harder to overcome than any balance or technical issues.

yoothgeye said:
Sad thing, I've got girls in my youth group that can't ride a bike and are now so old that they have a fear that would be harder to overcome than any balance or technical issues.

As of about three years ago,my ex-wife still can't ride one.

My granddaughter was 7 when she learned to ride, would not let me take the training wheels off for anything. Then my grandson who was 4 learned to ride and she was not about to let him get ahead of her! Once she made up her mind she was going to learn, it was pretty simple.

Have Fun!
Marty

Good Deal!

I taught my niece how to ride a bike (WE were so Proud that day)

Her father is a worthless bag of sh

Today she learned how to make a motorcycle noise by running over a soda can and pinching it on her front tire!
kindlebikecan.jpg

Back