YEAH BABY!!!!

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Actually, as owner of a bike forum you would laugh if you knew what I had...

1967 Schwinn Typhoon
1969 Schwinn Collegiate
1963 Schwinn American (wife's)
2002 Marin Stinson
2000 Gary Fisher (wife's)

I plan to keep this one at my office at the church to ride during my lunch break.

I'll see what condition the kickstand is in that he has. Supposedly he's got the fenders, kickstand and rack to go with it.

I just liked it because of the frame and you don't see many Flying Stars....at least I haven't.

Hooch said:
looks like the flying stars had tanks originally
http://www.geocities.com/sldbconsumer15 ... cpg07b.jpg
but I actually like straight bar frames better without tanks

Yeah....I'm diggin' it sans tank too.

I wonder if those Coke bottle grips are original?

7d5d_1.JPG

Thanks for the add!

Hooch said:
at times over here we give the hardcore Schwinn site a rough time but thanks to guys like bob hufford and the rest for some great preserved scans of the vintage paperwork

Amen...there are plenty of good folks over there...now moderators....that's another story...ha ha!

Congrats RR, I really like that frame alot. The head light in Hooche's ad is the same as what is on my '63 Deluxe American. I also like the 9 hole back rack that it has. Nice score...Kelly

My American also has the script on the grips...Kelly

nogoodnic42 said:
My American also has the script on the grips...Kelly

Thanks Kelly!

I always wonder about stuff like the grips...you'd wonder why anyone would change them, unless they tore up the originals.

The guys over on the Schwinn board are always discussing this idea of Schwinn using the parts they had at the time to build bikes.

It's all cool though because I'm liking the Coke bottles. :D

Very nice buy...

Very nice ol' Schwinn.

Your out of XXXL shirts right?

(cough* X-football star *cough)

Back