Yard Art to RAT In Only 5 hours!!!

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
52   0   0
First of all, I build this bike in 5 hours while tired of waiting for my build off 5 frame to come in the mail. I was so tired of seeing my Firestone rot outside and decided to strip it to the frame. At the time a buddy of mine was over and helped me out with the tearing down process. I used the dremel tool to grind off the screws and nuts that were just too rusted to move...the bottom bracket gave me the most trouble. I was able to reuse the forks after cleaning up the tube on the grinder. I threw out the rusted-stiff bearings and bearing cups and replaced them with a set I already had that fit perfect. I slapped a set of shinny new wheels and tires on it, and put a seat and bars from a pile of parts that werent being used. last but not least I grabbed a pair of FUZZY DICE and gave it the final rat touch :mrgreen: In the picture I don't have a chain on it because I didn't have one with me at the time I rebuilt it...so if you want to say its not completely done go ahead but I did take it out on a chainless coast....thats good considering 5 hours earlier it was completely locked up sitting as yard art. :lol:

I'm selling the bike in the for sale section of the forum for $150 shipped...heres the link to the thread
viewtopic.php?f=2&t=26518

BEFORE 3:30pm (time I started tearing down the bike)
100_2967-1.jpg

100_2965-1.jpg

100_2968-1.jpg

AFTER 8:30 (time I parked it in the bike rack)
100_3182.jpg

100_3181.jpg

100_3178.jpg

Back