X53 fork and fender issue

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have a Western Flyer X53 fork on my cruiser and I recently mounted up a fender I had laying around on it. I drilled screw holes for all the screws that hold the fender to the fork and the rods that run to the wheels and now I have the front of the fender sticking up at the front. Has anyone had this issue or know of a way to fix it? Or am I just going to have to source a X53 fender set for my bicycle? I know its not a mechanical issue if anything not astheticaly pleasing to the eye and im sure the fender isnt suppose to look this way. Any input is greatly appreciated.

8DF24A97-1FD6-4399-B0EB-50614D0ACA08-4627-000005668AC3B121.jpg

I tried extending the stays but unfortunately the fender is held to the fork with nuts and screws so there's not much adjustment because the fender has to follow the contour of the fork fender at the top. I'm probably going to try and force the fender a bit more without breaking it. Maybe all it needs is a couple extra centimeters at the back. Thanks you for your input, ill let you know how it works out.

Back