x-mas presents...what did u get....

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
3   0   0
well i got treated pretty good .my ol'lady got me this cool schwinn add from 65 ...
img1293295808841.jpg

i like it alot ..
my dad hooked me up with a new work bench for my basment ..and a new bench grinder ...
img1293295808243.jpg

img1293295808572.jpg

not 2 bad what did u guys get ....?>

i got this lil shop vac
DSCF2881.jpg

, a few G/C's from wally world and the bike from the neighbor

I got a laptop for myself (still learning how to use it), got some gift cards, and spent some time with the future Mrs. Outskirtscustoms..... :mrgreen:

We did not do presents in our house this year. We don't have kids and we are trying to save some money. I did get one thing for Christmas though. I recently restored a couple bikes for an Army soldier's kids and he gave the bikes to them for Christmas. He sent me this picture. Knowing I had a part in making these kids happy on Christmas was enough for me.

happykidsontheirChristmasbikes.jpg

Merry Christmas everyone!

Tommy

That's what Christmas is all about. Well done.

Mrs. Spokeshave got me socks. No cool antique rifle,no wet vac , no laptop etc....

white trash said:
We did not do presents in our house this year. We don't have kids and we are trying to save some money. I did get one thing for Christmas though. I recently restored a couple bikes for an Army soldier's kids and he gave the bikes to them for Christmas. He sent me this picture. Knowing I had a part in making these kids happy on Christmas was enough for me.

Tommy

That just made my whole month! After all the commercialization of .....' Birthday, it is comforting to see this! Inspires me to do the same next year. I have a slew of old kids bikes that I could fix up and donate! You, my friend are now my hero! Thank you!

white trash said:

Tommy

Oh Yeah!...That's the spirit!!!!
Well done!!

I got a touch screen laptop and a new schwinn (IM ACTUALLY WRITING THIS ON IT.)

I do need make one thing clear. I did not donate the bikes. The father did buy them from me, but I did sell them to him for what I had invested. My labor is the only thing I donated. I wish I had the money right now to give bikes away, but I don't. I have donated restored bikes to kids before but they were newer BMX and mountain bikes that I got for free. I still feel good about donating all the time I put in to these bikes. They were both torn down as far as a bike can possibly be torn down, then cleaned and assembled with NOS tires and what ever else the bikes needed. It was a lot of hours cleaning chrome and polishing paint. These bikes were really rough. I bet I had 40 hours of labor in these bikes easily. I put a lot of care in to these bikes and made sure they were ready to ride and would not need anything for a long time to come.

Last Christmas I gave this bike away for free. I had a little more money then. I try and give a few bikes away every year. Not just at Christmas time.

LeeLeesbike001.jpg

i got an oxy torch, a pipe bender, and four pinstriping brushes! :mrgreen:

Hey Trash, 40 hours labor is a work week. That's worth a good buck. You could have spent 40 hours doing something else.
You made some kids happy with your labor and skills. Time well spent. That's some good Karma.

Spokeshave said:
Hey Trash, 40 hours labor is a work week. That's worth a good buck. You could have spent 40 hours doing something else.
You made some kids happy with your labor and skills. Time well spent. That's some good Karma.

Thanks man. I appreciate the kind words. I just love re-doing old bikes and this hobby keeps me from going insane. I had to retire early due to an injury and this keeps me busy. I could use some good Karma.

this was by far my fav. present.
mwbq0y.jpg

made in toledo spain back in the 30's, this is a modern replica
of 16 century armour.
i always wanted a suit of armour, but wasn't prepared to pay the $3000+ to get one.
this one was found on kijiji for a fraction of the cost. ($300)

white trash said:

Tommy
Good man. It's nice to see people still give a .... about what matters. Active duty US Navy here, so the good deed towards the military is always appreciated. Christmas isn't about video games and new cellphones, too many kids (and adults) forget that.

icyuod2 said:
this was by far my fav. present.
mwbq0y.jpg

made in toledo spain back in the 30's, this is a modern replica
of 16 century armour.
i always wanted a suit of armour, but wasn't prepared to pay the $3000+ to get one.
this one was found on kijiji for a fraction of the cost. ($300)

Bicycle Jousting anyone???? :lol: :lol:

Me... I got a couple gift certificates to the LBS I frequent. Oh and I got an old Schwinn Admiral bike headed this way, should be here next week. So it was a good Christmas!

Back