X-Games bike disc brakes?

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Dr. Tankenstein said:
OK, bought the bike. Started disassembling the wheel and I'm a little stuck. Does anyone know how to get this off? Sorry for the cell phone pics.
http://s680.photobucket.com/albums/vv167/DrTankenstein/?action=view&current=IMG_0182.jpg&newest=1
I've already removed the two set screws.
http://s680.photobucket.com/albums/vv167/DrTankenstein/?action=view&current=IMG_0183.jpg&newest=1
Any help would be appreciated.
Cheers!
Dr. T

Thats the same problem I had. I would think that it would have to come off because you cant unlace the spokes with it on there. Let me know if you figure anything out, I want to use the hubs on 26" rims, plus my front is pretty bent.

Well, bad news for me. The rotor mount is pressed into the hub. That's the beauty of our hobby and life, sometimes things work out, sometimes they don't.

I'm going to reassemble it and resell the bike.
Anyone in the Atlanta area looking for a cheap bike for Christmas? Let me know.

Dr. T

Dr. Tankenstein said:
Well, bad news for me. The rotor mount is pressed into the hub. That's the beauty of our hobby and life, sometimes things work out, sometimes they don't.

I'm going to reassemble it and resell the bike.
Anyone in the Atlanta area looking for a cheap bike for Christmas? Let me know.

Dr. T

That sucks! What happens if you bend the rim, you cant even unlace it. Hopefully the one I have is fixable then. Guess I have to build a 20" bike now

Since it's a 36 hole hub, you could always lace it into another rim or your choice.
Unfortunately, my build has a set of cheap 28 hole 24" MTB rims. Being a bit of a symmetrical freak, I'd have to get a set of 36 hole rims (because the front would HAVE to match :mrgreen: ),and lace this rather cheap hub into it, then find a way to get the caliper mount welded to my frame, since I haven't developed that skill yet. :oops:
Since the goal of this build is to make a cool ride that I get into shape with,that would be a little more work than I need for just a single speed freewheel with disc brakes. I'm on a new search now for a set of 24" rims with a 3-speed coaster.

Good luck with your build.

Dr. T

Back