X-53: Dirt Machine

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
made a funky kick stand this eve... having fun... - T.

dirt_03a.jpg

dirt_03b.jpg

dirt_03c.jpg

Cool stand. I'm curious where the rusty saw blades goin' now! :shock:

Hey, not sure abut the saw blade yet - not for cranks - may or may not use.

Finally got frame sanded down, took forever as usual - anyways, got it primered too - - decided to go for a satin black & red primer look - not sure yet. I took forks apart and sanded & primered those as well. More soon - Oh, the spikes are "electricity spikes" used on top of buildings and stuff - they are aluminum, so will polish up NICE - I cut the tubes next to them out of old electrical conduit - will paint the tubes - more to come!

dirt_05a.jpg

dirt_05b.jpg

dirt_05c.jpg

AND, yes, I am READY! - Happy 4th!

fire.jpg

sorry for delayed posting - been slammed with work and stuff - have made small amounts of progress, got soem parts painted satin black, frame will stay primer red/brown - should have rims in form CCR next day or so to clean/paint - the aluminum lighting rods shined up NICE, I had to make some black tubing "spacers/extenders" to attach to spot under seat where the factory x-53 back fender thing was installed - has to extend the tubes back, then install the spikes (held on w/bolts, no welding). — cheers!

dirt_06a.jpg

dirt_06b.jpg

dirt_06c.jpg

dirt_06d.jpg

That thing is so COOL looking!............But you may need a WEAPONS permit to ride it! :lol: ..NICE

OK quick update - made some good progress last night. Got the 24" rims in from CCR trade (thanks man!). Cleaned them up, but still going to paint the inside/spokes - going to leave the edges chrome. The spokes are a little old & wobbly, I tightened down what I could, but wanted to reinforce them somehow so I;m going to try these old hub-caps - hate to cut them, but I went for it!

Started making frame plate, out of pice of aluminum - I wanted it to follow the curve of the two black bars - should be OK.

Added some ladies to the rear drop-out area.

The headlight is a booger, nothing seems to go together right yet - it has to fit in the brackets right, and look al little beefy, so far it'll be the distributor cap. Anyways, having fun! Cheers, Troy. Thanks for looking.

dirt_07a.jpg

dirt_07b.jpg

dirt_07c.jpg

dirt_07d.jpg

dirt_07e.jpg

dirt_07f.jpg

dirt_07g.jpg

dirt_07h.jpg

dirt_07i.jpg

IT IS WHAT IT IS!

Latest posts

Back