wrap around fenders

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello, I am working on a build but am having a problem finding wrap around fenders. meaning fenders that almost hit the ground that will give me that cool rodder look. I saw some over the weekend at the Tour De Fat San Diego but the bike owners were not around to ask about them. Any help would be great. Thanks

That would be really cool on a future build. Fenders front & back that go to the ground....

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy SIII using Tapatalk 2

Here you go!

RearFenderProp.jpg

My monark has a street sweeper fender on the rear and nothing up front. Will take pics this evening but its not complete yet....

Joe you should'a worked a little more on that setup. Dremel a hole in the bottom for some tire to stick through... that would have been epic.

Nirve makes a street sweeper fender for 26" cruisers. I used the rear on my Felt. They also made the skirt but I modified a rear with a chunk of a front to use on the front....

You can usually find them on eBay.

ifitsfreeitsforme said:
Joe you should'a worked a little more on that setup. Dremel a hole in the bottom for some tire to stick through... that would have been epic.

This has ideas in my head going out of control... genius.

FWIW, this setup will only work properly with VERTICAL dropouts. Now, I say that because these are rather deep fenders, but it was my intent to only have to cut a rather small hole in the bottom fender. Unfortunately, the way the dropouts on this bike were I would have had to cut too much of the sides of the bottom fender to get the wheel to hit the ground. The adjustment for the wheel is essentially East/West and to keep the wheel centered the adjustment needed to be North/South. So take those ideas and add them to your pile while you try to figure it out. It surely has a unique look, but when trying to match parts from wildly different eras, sometimes there are limitations!

yeshoney said:
Here you go!

RearFenderProp.jpg

ajama3a6.jpg

My rear fender on the left minus the reflector now....

Then there is this method.

ASRear1.jpg

ASRear2.jpg

Back