Would like some opinions

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This is my Onyx Genesis.

When I bought it a couple years ago I wanted a bike like this. With the apes and the banana seat, but after riding it a couple seasons I'm feeling the bike itself is too big for this style.

I was thinking making my newly acquired Worksman to look kinda like the board track bikes. But being a smaller frame, it might look much better with the apes. So messed around with the Genesis today and this came up.

I honestly can't decide. Opinions?

I haven't tried anything yet on the Worksman. Haven't gotten anywheels yet. The apes on the Genesis ride fine. I've put quite a few miles on it over the summer. Just thinking my tastes may have changed.

I'd say go for whichever is comfortable to ride, if you change your mind later you can switch out seat and bars again.

Personally, I like the look of the b seat and apes.

Laid back seat post puts seat too low
unless you like position.Looks like you
need to stretch for handlebars. This is a
29" frame,right? So banana seat will always look small. I have a gx-7 frame
in alum,looking to use for Fatbike
...Stevil

I rode it around a bit with the other bars. it does feel odd. Like I am way too folded up. I think I will keep the Genesis with the apes may change the seat though. There is no padding on that banana seat. Then I can play around with the Worksman with other positionings.

Thank you all for the opinions. It does help since I am relativily new to bikes.

Back