worthless tweakers!!

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
4   0   0
Well thanks to some worthless tweakers in Oceanside Ca. I no longer have 2 Schwinns and a Dyno.Ive been down to this spot a few times now with no problems.Everyone down there is real easy going.I left the bikes down stairs in a little hide away nook off one of my family members room,just in case my family wanted to go for a ride or to the store or whatever.So now i'm at ground zero rebuilding two bikes for me and my wife.Thanks to Chimichunga I'm a couple steps closer to having riders again.This was at an expensive hotel right on the beach away from stores and houses,and on a peninsula so I got lax on the lock situation.Just everyone watch what you have no matter where your at.If anyone sees my bikes please contact me if possible!!

kidsandbikes01650.jpg
cellphone036.jpg

That really bites. Hope you get new wheels so that ride you guys are putting together will still go down.

bikejunkie said:
Not just that,I looked real good on them!!!HAHA

lol :lol:

wow the nerve of some people! don't they realize that someone made those bikes and that they cared for them!!! if I see those bike around the michigan area, there is not going to be much left of the riders 8)

Yeah i will be riding by then!Im thinkin August 23rd is a Sunday.The motorcycle swapmeet/antique bike swap is that morning.Hit the swap then take a ride in the L.B.

bikejunkie said:
Thanks for the look out dragster! I know you'll take them on one of those one way scenic boat rides on the lakes!!

they will have to be careful the lakes this time of year are dangerous :D

That just sucks.
I'll be down at my place in Carlsbad (it's right on the beach - bike city) a lot in the next couple of weeks, so I'll definitely be keeping an eye out for them.
Unfortunately, you can NEVER leave anything of value unattended and unlocked, no matter how nice the area - too many low-lifes everywhere who'd rather steal than work for something.
Best of luck in getting them back...

Yeah Im bummed on the loses,but Im even more bummed on losing the bars off my 55!They are so unique and I know I'll never find another pair.They had just the right bend to them,and were some of the most comfy bars Ive ever owned.Too bad the theif is gonna relize how identifiable they are and let them sit in his garage for years.

Did you custom make the bars on your 55? If so, I think I have some bars that you could use to re-create the ones on your 55. They are standard stringray style bars. Stop by the swapmeet on the 23rd, I'll be at space 16. Sorry to hear about your bikes. I know the feeling all to well, I custom built a bmx bike as a kid and it was stolen right out from under me. It totally SUCKS.

man that sucks!! No I didnt bend the bars but Im thinkin of heating them up and trying it.Man I loved those bars.I picked em up at chicago bikes.Have you been out there?Cool stuff,and alot of one of stuff.

ill be down towards the area for a couple days this week, ill definitely keep an eye out when im out by the beach or just around town. everyone usually rides nerves so i can spot out an original with the corner of my eye.

Back