Worksman Trike

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
4   0   0
A few pictures of a Worksman Trike I have been fixing up... Still have a few more details like the basket and such but you get the idea.
Picked it up from another member here a while back and just got around to doing something with it. I need to get some gears on it :?:
any ideas :?: I'm thinking I will try to do something with a 3 speed hub I have :?:
IMG_3089.jpg

IMG_3087.jpg

IMG_3086.jpg

IMG_3085.jpg

IMG_3084.jpg

IMG_3083.jpg

IMG_3082.jpg

IMG_3081.jpg

IMG_3080.jpg

I have that same bike, but missing the front hub like you do. And Im missing the basket as well. Was thinking of a wood deck type of thing. Who Knows it cold and dark out side. Mine was way messed up, bent frame, bmx bars added and rear spokes very lose.

Work in progress
S5002767.jpg

I was wondering that myself... :? All I can think is that the original hand brake had a lock on it, like a parking brake. So maybe the drum brake is for stoping and the hand brake is a parking brake.
Of coarse the hand brake I put on has no parking brake so now I just have two front brakes :oops:

as i was studying my worksman trike, i found out since the trike is a freewheel, it does not have rear brakes. double brakes were enforced up front. the front wheel has a hub brake along with the brake pads. i replaced my front wheel and fork with a 26" springer and wheel...i call him FATHEAD...

75654_10150093468341197_582271196_7109768_2163503_n.jpg

Alot of the true shop trike use to run double front brakes because of the weight they had to haul around. When you consider some the trikes drag around a tool box or maint parts plus the rider, it shouldn't take much to figure they wanted as much braking power as they could get. The double fronts were very often used as parking brakes. You wouldn't want the bike rolling around as you were loading a couple of hundred pounds of parts or tools.
I remember as a kid seeing my first one at my dad's shop, it had a tool box on the back and pulled a trailer carrying gas/acetylene tanks and all the hoses and such. The guy who pulled it weighed about 150 lbs. and they called him "Legs". It took a few years to realize why he had that nickname. :lol:

Ever think of adding a couple of frame tubes?
Image2.jpg

Just a thought... 8)

Bigcam59 said:
Ever think of adding a couple of frame tubes?

I've thought about it, I just don't have the equipment at my apartment to do it. Although it's foldable, I have no intentions on folding it anyways.

Back