Worksman Rat

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JTM

Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I just scored this old Workman and am tring to figure out how to rat it out. I'm really not in love with the cruiser bars and was thinking of putting some 25" rise apes on it but I'm not quite sure how it will look with the straight bars (wish it had the curved top tube). Or maybe some short street bars. Probably going to paint it flat black and I might put on some different wheels. Normally I know exactly what I want to do to a bike when I see it but this one has me stumped.

Any ideas?

1368693878_20eeb37b15.jpg

nice -

how tall is that from the ground to the top bar??

for sale?

what's something like that go for??

WORKSMAN ideas

heres a couple i've built :shock: :shock: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

IMG_0011c2.jpg
:shock:

Frankinstien1.jpg
:shock:

1a.jpg
:shock: :shock:

HOPE this helps 8) 8)

Outsider what size apes are on that white one, I plan on ordering a new set for a bike soon.

So I've started in on this and I have a question -

Does anyone know what size headset cups these things take? The cups (and bearings are shot) and I am going to replace but not sure what head tube size - 30,32.7, or 34 ( I know it is for a 21.1 stem).

Other than that I am currently stripping the frame/fork and will repaint with flat grey. Going to put some touring bars on it but haven't decided if I am going to run them flipped or not. I've cleaned up the wheels pretty nice but there are still some rusty spots that I might try some acid on. If they don't clean up all the way I may paint them black.

Thanks,

~j

It's a 34mm. I took out the old cups and measured and just to make sure I stuck in a standard cup (32.5mm) and it was loose.

Back