Working Bikes

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This are an example of working bikes used around the region some time ago...
From time to time, you can still see some around the city, still working.
Non of this two are mine, I thought it may be interesting to share.

This one used by knife grinders "Afiladores":
635arrotino.jpg

Umbrella repair:
635calzolaio.jpg

Thats the original steam punk! thats cool.

Graylock: apparently there were guys who used to repair umbrellas door by door on similar bikes...although a cobbler makes sense too...
Around here in Uruguay, every 15 days, a grinder man still comes down the street announcing his services with an harmonica or a tin whistle toy...many of them use old beautiful British bikes. Sadly is a profession going out use.

XC204: I thought exactly the same! :wink:

Wow! For me, they are 2 of the coolest bikes I've ever seen. I remember someone posted some pictures of a beautiful pinstripers bicycle that was incredible also. Love them working bikes!

Gdcast said:
Graylock: apparently there were guys who used to repair umbrellas door by door on similar bikes...although a cobbler makes sense too...
Around here in Uruguay, every 15 days, a grinder man still comes down the street announcing his services with an harmonica or a tin whistle toy...many of them use old beautiful British bikes. Sadly is a profession going out use.

that would be really cool to see.

this is a ice cream bike i got a hold of a few weeks ago. i actually tired selling ic cream and made like 40 bucks a day for like 4 hours of work. if you consider work as skateboarding at a park with the bike chillin on the side that is.

thesuicideride said:
Gdcast wrote:Graylock: apparently there were guys who used to repair umbrellas door by door on similar bikes...although a cobbler makes sense too...

that would be really cool to see.

bicicleta-afilador-por-facundo-a-fernandez.jpg

afilador4680bx.jpg

6.jpg

These are cool bikes and great pieces of history. I would guess this is an honest days, work you earn what you work for each day. I remember my dad talking stories about the guys that came around to do little jobs like this. When I was a kid we had a tamale man come around on his bike and sold tamales for 25 cents.

Well the guy I know is a blacksmith, and he goes out only on nice days, and when things at the shop are a little slow... for him the bike is just a tool.

Latest posts

Back