"WISE GUy" DONE!!!! 7/31

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: "WISE GUY" Guess which parts I'm using????

With all those nice parts you´ve got there I now you cant disappoint us. Cant wait to see more.

I am still waiting to get my camera back with a clean memory card, so I can load it up some more (filled with wedding shots from last weekend) but I finally got the answer on the double rim how to , the biggest problem is, they are aluminum rims, so I will have to farm it out to a welding shop with mad skills. Yesterday I got Sarina my wife started on the dissassembly of her bike and hopefully sign her up this weekend sometime as a member and an entrant,again waiting on the camera :(

Sign her up...She got my vote!

012-3.jpg

Hi, nice build. I have a similar fork like this one coming my way but yours look different where the axle goes up and down. Can you send me detail pictures of this fork.
Thanks!

Unfortunately the Forks will not work, I forgot that I had the headtube shortened for the previous Elgin project,so those have to stay together now. but now onto the project at hand, I just found a guy from my church to weld the rims together, and I dont think this mock up fork will stay . But I will have to weld a tab for the disc brake setup, and get a conversion for the crank spindle hopefully, the stem is for mockup only, still undecided on what to use yet, as well as the seat post,it has to be way lower, I am not 100% sure on this setup but the rear will have to have bolt on plates to push it out enough to clear the future rolling stock.
012-4.jpg

013-3.jpg

I am actually helping my whole family build beside me right now so its getting interesting
003-17.jpg

005-12.jpg

006-9.jpg

But I love the fact they're sharing my interest

Re: "WISE GUY" Poss,,Mockup 5/15

herr_rudolf said:
The trussrods really enhance the dropped bars.
Looking cool. 8)

How great it must be to have the whole family join in on your hobby...
Congrats! :)
Thanks, its a slow start but nothing like quality family time :wink:

That thing is WILD! I LOVE those bars (and frame and brakes). Also like your son's bike (my kind-o- bike). I can't imagine what it would be like, working in the back yard, on BIKES, with the whole family! You are one Blessed man. :wink:

Re: "WISE GUY" More Cool Parts found 5/17

Just lost my post :x try it again here's the latest thrift store ,neighbors backyard finds first off is this Polaroid ??? now its a bike windshield and I picked up a Ross for the stem, wierd planter thing for poss led conversion...down the road,then the Lantern is definetly in this build as my tail light rear fender thing.
001-17.jpg

002-15.jpg

007-10.jpg

008-9.jpg

009-7.jpg

013-4.jpg

012-5.jpg

011-4.jpg

010-7.jpg

KOTA said:
That thing is WILD! I LOVE those bars (and frame and brakes). Also like your son's bike (my kind-o- bike). I can't imagine what it would be like, working in the back yard, on BIKES, with the whole family! You are one Blessed man. :wink:
Thanks KOTA ,, Yeah Larry's bike is a 59 Royce union, he has been at it awhile but with school and baseball its not much with free time , he is grinding off the peeling chrome on the tall sissy bar in the back ground, he also made some pointed fenders that are almost done, he is still undecided on paint right now.

The best thing I like about your builds: Just when I think I can see where they're going, Ya lose me! :lol: ...I can't wait to see what you do with that "scalped" Tin Man. I'm gonna enjoy watching. This is COOL!

I actually got a little work done yesterday , I unlaced the proclass wheels, and marked off the weiman rim to be drilled to match the rears, I am also going to pick up some aluminum to make a tank of some sort, and rear axle extensions, so the rims will clear the frame, I also have my colors chosen...more to come :wink:

Intuhlesting, veddy inuhlesting.... Crazy nice bike you got!

Dang rain ,I think were done for a while, I just finished up rebuilding my buddies Cruiser five speed, so thats out of my hair, try to get more progress done on my wheels today and maybe make it to the welders house if time permits, here's a pic of my side job complete, The only thing I wanted to do was repaint it, but he just wanted to keep the old paint.
003-18.jpg

Well I have decided against the ram bars ( to be used on the musclebike build thats on hold for now) the main reason is I am not Gumby and can't bend that way, so I changed to blade forks that will need a mounting tab welded on for the disc caliper, I got the front wheel drilled to match the rears, I will use my tin planter thing to mount the windshield and cover the stem, also planning on running the front cable thru the fork (bmx style) I need to get the rear cassette removed before I disassemble the rear wheel to get welded, hopefully when I get to the stage of getting my plates made for the rear extension it will sit something like this.
001-19.jpg

002-17.jpg

003-19.jpg

004-14.jpg

I forgot to mention that this lantern will be sacrificed to be part of the rear fender, I love cutting up antiques :lol:
005-13.jpg

Re: "WISE GUY" Mockup #2 new profile 5/20

i like the freestyle- hollow stem idea. 8) always wondered why i dont see it more often as a way to clean up the looks. you can do it without the rotator thing(cant remember proper name), unless, of course you plan on riding wheelies while spinning your bars! :mrgreen:

Re: "WISE GUY" Mockup #2 new profile 5/20

Gold Street Customs said:
Well I have decided against the ram bars ( to be used on the musclebike build thats on hold for now) the main reason is I am not Gumby and can't bend that way,

I vote Go back too the Rams horns ! that was very interesting and Unique;added so much Caricature to your build , i never seen that look before,, i thought it was wicked COOL ! , i know it was gonna be a bit uncomfortable to ride but sometimes we have to make Sacrifices when it comes to art !! besides you can always change them after the contest ! just my two cents worth. :)

Back