wiring up generator,tail/headlight combo

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
hey, so i've got one of those 6v generator with tail light and headlight set ups, and it works great, but i need to find a way to tuck the wire out of sight. my bike does not have a tank, so it can't go through there. I'd like to find a better looking solution than simply taping or zipties. any one have any experience? or just cool looking suggestions? not really looking for a definite answer, but a bunch of suggestions and ideas.

any help is appreciated, thanks!

there was a post awhile back by a member who used soft bendable copper waterline, about 1/4 inch, the type used to hook up a refrig icemaker. he formed it to the contour of the frame and ran the wires inside. I was thinking of looking at automotive door edge trim to tuck the wires inside of.

I had thought of drilling, but wasn't sure if i wanted something so permanent. also, the tubes on this bike are tapered in places, so one section i would have to drill has a pretty small diameter.

I might look into getting some of that copper tubing, it seems like a pretty solid idea if i can get the right bends in it. Thanks for the suggestions.

Latest posts

Back