Winter Project

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
22   0   0
I'm starting out with this 26" Columbia frame with a Huffy dial a ride springer. I also have Monark fenders & some brick red tires. For now I'm just going to get more parts & assemble it. I'm attaching a bike pic that I found on this site that is giving me inspiration. I'm thinking of painting the bike a gloss cream color with maybe light blue rims & accents
PC130001-2.jpg

TurkeyRide09024.jpg

should be sweet, especially with that springer.

Got this really cool chainguard for the bike & also found a seat, pedals, fender braces & some other parts. Hopefully the tank will be here today & the rear fender should be here soon. Then I'll take it all apart & sand it & then will have to wait until spring for paint.
PC230001.jpg

Is it just me, or does that springer look like a certain body part? :lol:

I would think even in Ohio you would get some paintable days .I had luck one time keeping the frame and spraycans indoors where they were warm ...Then running outside and spraying quick and bringing the frame in quick. It wasnt 15 degrees ,but colder than your suppose to paint and it turned out really good.

Uncle Stretch said:
I would think even in Ohio you would get some paintable days .I had luck one time keeping the frame and spraycans indoors where they were warm ...Then running outside and spraying quick and bringing the frame in quick. It wasnt 15 degrees ,but colder than your suppose to paint and it turned out really good.
thats what i did yesterday! :lol: i had to finish a bike for secret santa.

That pic in your first post is making me feel funny... Will definitely have to build a bike with some orange on it. Or an entirely orange bike even.

like mine? :lol:
DSCN6190.jpg

what color did yours end up rusty?

I just picked everything up from being sand blasted & powder coated & put some of it together. I also got my felt creme tires today & they look like crap against the bike. I had my rims painted a really cool blue color too but now I think I'll just paint the wheels black & put on a set of brick red tires I have in the garage. I really wanted my wheels to be a cool color but if I did that I would just have to go with black tires I think. What do I do???
P1210001.jpg

P1210003.jpg

P1210004.jpg

Back