WINTER COMMUTING.

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: It's COLD!!!!!!

Clancy, your orange bike sure looks cool, especially against your 4" of new snow
We (in MN) are getting that weather system this weekend

Rusty1 , its awesome that you got some snow and are still riding :D
Picture looks really cool!

Got out riding on a frozen (mostly) creek and some lakes last Saturday (24F)
IMG_8564_zps760e9324.jpg

But this week it's been above freezing every day and now the ice is getting dodgy
Supposed to get rain the next 1.5 days (from down in Texas yesterday) that will melt snow and ice
Then get that very cold system from the NW (=> major ice/snow)
May have to take a bit of a break until it warms above 0F (which it will...)

Steve

We got about 10" total after christmas, it's rained for the second day in a row here now melting away what was left, 50's today, 60's tomorrow and nothing but ICE for a while after that. Snow is welcome around here but Ice is the norm :x

It has been single digits in the mornings for the last 10-12 days, but I am still riding. We still have the snow on the side streets from Jan. 10. I put the studded tires on the Xtracycle. It is a good thing my work commute is only 2 miles, not sure if the family jewels could take much more.

Supposed to be 38 or warmer here this week and I hope it melts off all this white stuff so I can get out and ride.

Sent from my Xoom using Tapatalk 2

Temp was 15 on my 5 mile ride home tonight.
Wasn't to bad, not much wind but Monday the temp is going to keep dropping
Will be single digits on my way home around 6 PM
Monday, with 20-30 mph winds :shock:

this thread is reminding me of the "how was your commute today?" sticky thread on bikeforums.net Maybe you guys should do the same here?

I just finished my 5 mile night ride, 28* with a wind chill of 21*. It wasn't bad I stayed warm the entire ride, I dought if I get to ride in much colder weather living in Virginia Beach, but I would like to break into the teens. The wife called me a DA, when I got back home, she's just not a biker. :mrgreen:
Kenny

Yep yesterday day was perty cold! But not cold enough for a face mask for me yet. The bread and stash just freeze over.

XC204 said:
Yep yesterday day was perty cold! But not cold enough for a face mask for me yet. The bread and stash just freeze over.

Yeah you now how sensitive I am :wink:
I need all the help I can get. :D

Skipton said:
XC204 said:
Yeah you now how sensitive I am :wink:
I need all the help I can get. :D
I have been wearing my baclava too. The last 3 mornings have been -3, -3, and 2 F. I had tried a beard earlier but did not like the freezing and thaw on my face.

My favorite thing is eyelash icicles !!!!

If it gets too cold I can fire up the on board heater :lol:

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Back