why i don't get more done

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
so i got to work on bike a lil bit tonight and realized why i don't get more done. Here's my day when i get to work on bikes. I wake up between 5:30-6:15 (depending on how many times i hit that great invention the snooze button) I start work at 7am and get home again at 6:30 pm.(I do get 3 days off a week but days are spent on my fixer upper house) eat dinner. do homework with kids and by the time the 4 of them are in bed it's 9pm. Than i hang with the wife to catch up on the day (which requires sitting on the couch a real motivation killer) Than i go out. run extension cord (or cords depending if the welder is going) to the shed (havn't gotten around to running electric out there yet) once lights are on I have to pull out the bikes that can't be left in the weather which include the 2 lowriders, my 2 older boys bikes, and the wifes rollfast, (there could be a couple more if i have something nice that i'm selling ) Than i get to work. till around 11 or so and start thing that the alarm is going to go off again at 5:30 and start to reversal processes. come in to wash up. Check the internet make sure it still works (like now) and go to bed. I don't know why i felt the need to post this I guess just curious if anyone else has these problems. Oh well off to bed but first here's a pic of the shed after starting to pack up. (boys bikes not in yet)

DSCN0711.jpg

your shop is like mine. shape. mine is about 14ft tall and i put in a floor for a second story which is about 5 ft tall up there. have a full 8 ft on the main floor. its a 10x12 an i have about 10 bikes in there plus my harly which is 9 ft long. wow no room, but i get things done. no i do not have it as bad as you but i am working on my place right now an i am not back to work yet. lookin for a job right now since my eye is getting better an i see alot better. am blind in right eye. but am havin fun. yahoo

Outlaw :mrgreen:

low_life said:

I've got a 2 car garage with 15 bikes,some frames,a Geo, s-load of boxes( 4 adults that think-we need these things!), Fridge,consule stereo, 2 set's of studded tires,full hardwood flooring setup,300 sq. ft. of flooring, blah blah blah! Love your bikes! You've got a crappy work space! I'm thinking -Steal a kids room! :?: :?: :wink: :wink:
L8 EM

Well I finally got my single car garage back along with a tool room,the tool room is literally filled with hot wheels that I need to blow out on ebay,the garage was filled with my sons truck but it finally made it out to the driveway with a for sale sign...just no time to build another project as this one needs a full restoration.If any interest its a 60 Chevy factory 4x4 shortbed fleetside 283 4spd.As far as time goes I might get five hours a week to play with bikes but I am building up alot vacation days so who knows...get something done yet.

I feel your pain...by the time I get home from work, do the dinner thing, the homework thing, the get them in the shower and then bed thing...it's pretty late. Then there's the distraction of the intranets, the evil TV ( can't miss Southpark! ), Wednesday bmx practice and Friday bmx races...it's a wonder anything gets worked on.

any mud on the bed? and would you be willing to sell just the bed?(need decent skins or complete bed minus the wood and tubs for the 66 im building for my boy) i go through there often my grandparents live in redwood valley

sensor said:
any mud on the bed? and would you be willing to sell just the bed?(need decent skins or complete bed minus the wood and tubs for the 66 im building for my boy) i go through there often my grandparents live in redwood valley
Well the bed has seen better days it has the rear wrap around diamond plate bumper that had a punch at one time so one side has a good wrinkle but I would like to keep it complete for a $1.000 for the whole truck and another $500 for the 15x10 slotmags with33x12.50-15 mud terrains the tires have like 75% left but if your gonna be in the area let me know at least talk bikes I am two minutes from Tower mart in Lucerne.

Latest posts

Back