Why Do People Lie???

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I called about this beach cruiser last night about 15 minutes away. First off 40.00 in my area for a bike like this is way too high. I am lucky to get 20 in rideable condition and that usaully takes weeks of intense advertising. Well guy says its brand new and never ridden. I asked what if anything it may need to get riding again. His exact responce was "just get on it and start pedaling" He forgot to mention the obvious flat as a pancake tires. the out of wack stand on your head handlebars and looks like the seat is pointed skyward. I know these are minor but its not "ready to ride". Is that bike only a 2008 model? Looks pretty rough to me. His price is firm but hopefully his luck will be like mine and i can got get it in a week for 25.00 which i think is fair considering the rust and rough appearence.

http://greenville.craigslist.org/bik/3370581689.html

za26.jpg

How old is it? Is the front fender really on backwards or is the stem loose and the wheel spun opposite the handles? It looks like the stem is crooked.

People lie on my CL all the time. At first I thought maybe they were not lying and just knew nothing, but some things there is no way they did not know about.
For example I have a 1970 Raleigh Sports that a guy called me about to sell to me (he kept my number after I bought I bike from him earlier), he wanted $100 which is alot where I live for a british bicycle. He told me I was getting a great deal because he "had put at least $500 into it"...The bike is all original, even has original tubes and obviously not messed with. How can you put $500 into an all original, clearly untouched bicycle?
Plus he must have forgot that earlier when I bought the first bike from him he told me they were both found as is in an abandoned house. lol

His ad says he bought it for his wife. Why buy a mens bike for a lady . That alone kinda tells me he didnt buy it new and probably got it in some sort of junk trade.

dragnusa said:
heck about 30 mins of polishing and making a few adjustments, I could flip that for 80 to a 100
I'd like to live where you're living. Around here I'd be lucky to get $50-$75.

outskirtscustoms said:
dragnusa said:
heck about 30 mins of polishing and making a few adjustments, I could flip that for 80 to a 100
I'd like to live where you're living. Around here I'd be lucky to get $50-$75.

In my area after doing all that you might get 20.00 and thats if your lucky enough to find a sucker.

Fork is right (look at angle) fender is clearly installed backwards.

New: no it's not

Never ridden: bull crap, never ridden means it's in a box, a bike put together that's never been ridden... even 3 feet? Yeah right.

Rust indicates not new.

Bars, stem, seat all loose or adjusted (poorly), again, not new, not ready to ride.

I think the price is decent for parts (tires, wheelset, tubes, and rim strips alone)

As for style of bike, I buy men's frames for my wife for strength and resale, she doesn't ride wearing a dress so a drop bar is not necessary.

wheelhorseman said:
His ad says he bought it for his wife. Why buy a mens bike for a lady . That alone kinda tells me he didnt buy it new and probably got it in some sort of junk trade.

My wife would rather ride a guys bike, I wouldn't call that ready to ride in the least. Ready to ride means you show up and take it around the block, it doesnt look like it could make it down the driveway :lol:

this bike looks fine , he just let it slightly rust outside a little , and the front fender was probably assembled backward by a newbie on the assembly line , and the stem is probably just loosen to take less place for storage ... a little cleaning on those rims and they are like new ,covering the 40$ he is asking . i would buy it if i were closer

I called a lady about a bike she had for sale, I got her on the phone to ask her more about it she say's It's a old bike and had a little rust on it. Because it's not far from the house I went to take a look,this was not a old bike this was a new bike that had sat out in the rain for about a year. I told her this is a neglected bike not a old bike,glad I didn't have to go far.

Latest posts

Back