Why are there no events in Orlando?

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I want something to happen in Florida... This stinks. Just look at Orlando? Everyone has heard of it, plenty of people live around it, yet there are no events here (that I am aware of). I would love to be able to get something started, like a show and swap. Any input? Anybody here in the Orlando vicinity? I'm about an hour or so east.

Hi, yes I agree would love to have rides etc around here. Spoke to one of the committee at Old Town Kissimmee and they were interested in having a vintage bicycle rally. (they have stopped the bikers rally as too many were starting to wear their gang colours)
Maybe a ride around Celebration, or one of the trails ie West Orange is good - plenty of coffee and cake etc available.

My problem is I go between here and UK (back there on Monday cold) but maybe if we posted on all the forums a meet and see if anyone turns up.

The group that I ride with, Slow and Low San Antonio (SALSA) was born here @ RRB. People in San Antonio just decided to get together and have regular rides. New riders and visitors, like MplsCoaster find us here on the forum, on our FB page and when they see us cruising around with the buffet of kool bikes, they're drawn to us and lots of times join us on future rides.

When I relocate back to Pennsylvania, I intend to hook up with the Jersey Devils, also found here on RRB.

RRB is definitely a great place to start a ride.

~ Dave

Ok Guys had a couple of contacts wanting to do something around Orlando area - I'm happy to co-ordinate

Anyone else interested in meeting up and riding, some great rails to trails around.
My background semi- retired with an eclectic collection of bikes here and in UK. Many of them still in project stage :lol:

My cycling background, just love bikes and long distant rides check out web site - also an ongoing project just not as interesting as the bikes http://www.tonystravels.com

I'm up for helping out. Want me to start a facebook page so we can get something going? To help get the word out there.

Ideas for the page name?

lildietz said:
I'm up for helping out. Want me to start a facebook page so we can get something going? To help get the word out there.

Ideas for the page name?

Yes that would be better to get things going. Trying to think of things appertaining to Florida
"Hurricanerats" "Toohotrods" "Rat and mouse rides" "Alirators" well it was a try. Besides any country who can consider having a president called Mitt and Newt (thought it was the latest Disney cartoon) can surely come up with some good names. :wink:

I just made one. Boring name, but at least it has meaning and it will come up if people search for it. Go "like" it, and invite your friends!

lildietz said:
I just made one. Boring name, but at least it has meaning and it will come up if people search for it. Go "like" it, and invite your friends!

Yes I couldn't work out what the name is you are suggesting - come on don't be shy :)

"Pedal Pushers BC" is what I was gonna name my bike club...theres also a group of guys out of deltona get together every 2nd & 4th sunday of the month im sure they will come out to a meet I got the organizers number.. They advertise on craigslist..

jaysmo said:
"Pedal Pushers BC" is what I was gonna name my bike club...theres also a group of guys out of deltona get together every 2nd & 4th sunday of the month im sure they will come out to a meet I got the organizers number.. They advertise on craigslist..

I don't mind sounds good to me - as long as we can get some rides organised and if it's on Facebook then I can keep in touch while in UK>
Go for it!

We now have 2 names and 3 members! Great start, I would like to see something that includes vintage bicycles also, just because I have a mixture and want to ride them all :D
Take care guys and hope to catch up when I'm back in May
Tony

As far as I can tell, I'm the only one that "likes" it.

I changed the name to Central Florida Vintage Bicycle Enthusiasts.

lildietz said:
As far as I can tell, I'm the only one that "likes" it.

I changed the name to Central Florida Vintage Bicycle Enthusiasts.
im gonnalike as soon as i can to a pc that does not block face book... :cry: darn work pc!!!

Back