Who rides everyday?

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
...just wonderin, how many of you guys ride everyday or almost everyday, weather permitting.
...since my heart attack about 3 years ago, (doctor's orders: exersize every day you want to eat!)..I've ridden almost everyday except when it's too cold, or too much snow/ice....probly only miss 15-20 days a year, not bad for northern Illinois.
...I ride (mostly) my six speed Huffy Causeway beach cruiser, got well over 5500 miles on it now. I got over 4000 miles out of the front tire!

Every day for me except the downpore days when it starts before I go to work in the in the morning. I'm in Geneva where are You?

I rode about 25-miles here today in Northern New England, the temps were in the lower 50’s – on December, 7?!

Riding does something wonderful to the soul. :)

ZygoteLittle said:
Riding does something wonderful to the soul. :)

So ture!

I ride everyday for my commute to and from work.

What I ride depends on my mood and the weather.
Blackbike017.jpg

Monark033.jpg

blackbike023-4.jpg

buildoffbike5035.jpg

4seasons001-42.jpg

4seasons025-4.jpg

My ride is not very far 12-18 miles round trip depending what route I take.

Riding to work makes me smile. Riding to work on a Rat Bike makes me smile all day!

Every day. Even if it's just a quick run around the block after work.

1 mile to and from school. winds have been sucking alot lately, so ive been walking to

I normally ride every chance I get unless it's snowing, raining, or hailing. Have ridden in the rain a few times just to the store and back. Those kid's trailers with the canopy are great for hauling groceries.

I only ride on Nice Days

Im the worlds biggest wuss in cold weather. (heh)

Done it,Hated it

I'm fortunate enough to live in San Diego, where it rarely rains, so I try to ride every day.
Sometimes I go on more than one ride a day if I feel like it.
Part of the fun is deciding which bike to ride from my fleet!

Ghostrider%20in%20PB.jpg

Electra%20Vince.jpg

Troy%20Lee%202.jpg

Torker%201.jpg

RX-5%20profile.jpg

Dyno%202.jpg

Thanks! It's a great bike that looks like a heavy tank, but the frame is aluminum so it's super light!
It's a Troy Lee Spray, but that paint scheme is too busy for my taste, so I blacked it out.
I recently added the red and white Tour de Fat license plate right behind the seat stay and now it looks even better!

everyday to and from work for ~ 2 years now. But it's a short commute (1 mile). I make up a little 'cause most days I ride home for lunch to eat and tinker. Then I ride pretty much every wednesday and sunday with some friends. And I ride to and from any story I need to go to that I can fit stuff on my cargo bike.

8 degrees this morning with a high of 13. I can't recommend patagonia enough!

GameBent said:
Thanks! It's a great bike that looks like a heavy tank, but the frame is aluminum so it's super light!
It's a Troy Lee Spray, but that paint scheme is too busy for my taste, so I blacked it out.
I recently added the red and white Tour de Fat license plate right behind the seat stay and now it looks even better!

I was thinking about the same thing, a shortie 12 o clock fender trimmed to a point, a small taillight and license plate
hanging somewhere from the seat stay, and maybe chopper the front end. and it would be perfect for my taste. I might have to find one of those.

Most days , I pick up my daughter from the bus stop on the tandem, Short ride around the other side of the block but she usually wants to ride a little farther, and it works great for the milk run down the street (bottle over each side of the ape hangers) post office 8 blocks away and my parents house is six blocks away. And I ride whatever is handy in the garage.
101_9328.jpg

XC204 said:
Every day for me except the downpore days when it starts before I go to work in the in the morning. I'm in Geneva where are You?
...Wow, I didn't expect so many replies!, keep em comin.
I'm in the small rural town of Polo, Illinois, about 2 hrs west of Chicago,...pop. 2500.
I try to ride 6-12 miles a day in the winter; in the nicer months I ride 15-30 miles, sometimes ride twice a day, in the early AM and then again in the evening.
Here's a pic of my Huffy;...oddly as much as I like this bike I only have 2 pics of it on my computer. This is when I first bought it.
I've since replaced the bars with taller more comfortable ones.
bikes027-1.jpg

I wish I could. My daily commute is 29 miles one way, fast, heavily traveled surface streets and freeway.
Ya' better be able to hit 75 MPH if you want to make it alive! DFW is one big .... place!

While I don't ride my bikes at home everyday I do ride at work everyday. I am an overhead crane operator in a commercial aircraft factory and we use a fleet of about 35 bike to move around the 10 million square feet of manufacturing facilities. Most of my work keeps me in one building and in a regular night I ride anywhere between 2 and 7 miles. Most of our fleet consist of 10 year old Giant Simple Single cruisers but we also have a handful of Cranbrooks and one old Schwinn Hevi-Duty. There are also industrial trikes from Worksman and Mohawk around the plant being used by other organizations in the company.

You can see some of our bikes in the lower left of this photo (I am in the crane holding the forward end of the Boeing 737 fuselage)
2i8k50x.jpg

Most of the guys are content to ride the bikes as they are, but not me. Here is my Cranbrook- apes, custom seat mount, red Worksman rims, and a tank from an early 60's AMF built bike.
et8c92.jpg

2lo15xw.jpg

That is a quarter between the tire, fender and seat.
16jixz7.jpg

that is a great story, sounds like a neat place to work.

Back