Who makes the cadet bike?

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
murry had a cadet flight in there catalog in 61.

pic's would sure help. i imagen more than a few companies have put out a "cadet" over the years.

Looked up on a badge list, and Colson and Snyder both made them. But that looks like a Snyder (makers of Rollfast). -Adam

The bike was made by H.P. Snyder for the D.P. Harris company. Harris marketed the Snyder bikes under many different brands of which Cadet was one. Your bike is a frame designed for 24” balloon wheels which is quite a bit less common than the standard double bar 26” version of the bike. The bike dates from probably 1938-1940.

I have recorded a number of Snyder serial numbers and I would be happy to add the number from your bike to my data base. Unfortunately the patterns used by Snyder have yet to be decoded so each number helps build the table and in some cases I can guess from the number but there is no published table of factory serial number codes known to exist in the public domain.

rms37 said:
I have recorded a number of Snyder serial numbers and I would be happy to add the number from your bike to my data base. Unfortunately the patterns used by Snyder have yet to be decoded so each number helps build the table and in some cases I can guess from the number but there is no published table of factory serial number codes known to exist in the public domain.

The # is A57729

Back