Who is going to to the Turlock swap meet- Jan 28-29 2012

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
It is a couple hours each way for me, and it is the opposite of a bargain hunter's paradise, but there are tons of things to look at and haggle over.... so I'm fifty / fifty right now... depends who I can get locally to tag along with me. 8)

turlockswapmeet com

i have never been my boss Ron wants to go so maybe i will tag along with him

Having attended last year (on Saturday), I encourage you to arrive early (no later than 9am) or else you'll be parking in the boondocks. Last time I went, I was the last car in the parking lot, and they shut the gates after me.. that was at 9:30ish.

are there a lot of bikes and parts here and is there a section or are the spread out all over the place. Trying to figure out if it's worth it to cpome up from L.A.

It is mainly cars and auto parts. There are two wheeled vehicles and parts scattered about.

I would -not- drive from LA for it.

I live in Turlock if anyone wants to park at my house i can have my wife shuttle us there because parking really sucks around the swapmeet Randy the RAT

Bout 40 minutes from me. I've been there about three times over the last few years or so and it's always fun. Lots to see and buy or wish you could buy. I get some car parts there, I've only recently just got back into bicycles so if I go I'll be watching for that to.

I won't be able to make it ,but here's some pics from a couple of years ago,
Turlockswap001.jpg

Turlockswap002.jpg

Turlockswap003.jpg

Turlockswap007.jpg

Turlockswap006.jpg

Turlockswap009.jpg

Turlockswap010.jpg

Turlockswap011.jpg

The weather is supposed to be sunny/partly cloudy that weekend.

In the couple of times I've attended, some of the cooler bikes and items were 'not for sale'. Also, I've observed that the booths in the grassy/tree areas are the 'old timers', and their prices generally were on the 'highly optimistic' end of the spectrum. The dealers in the paved parking lot section of the fairgrounds were more likely to have somewhat reasonable prices, and actually 'deal' with you (if you had cash in hand).

There's a Golden Corral Buffet in Modesto I'm eyeing on the way home back north... that'll get my significant other interested in going. :)

Yep..alot of the stuff i was "drooling" over before was on the unaffordable side of the price range..but have waited a while..came back and sometimes it paid off .. alot of them would rather sell it then reload it in their vehicle...anybody heard when the Stockton fairground / car show / swap meet / bike show is ??? Alot closer to home for me... :eek:

clerkkent said:
The weather is supposed to be sunny/partly cloudy that weekend.

In the couple of times I've attended, some of the cooler bikes and items were 'not for sale'. Also, I've observed that the booths in the grassy/tree areas are the 'old timers', and their prices generally were on the 'highly optimistic' end of the spectrum. The dealers in the paved parking lot section of the fairgrounds were more likely to have somewhat reasonable prices, and actually 'deal' with you (if you had cash in hand).

There's a Golden Corral Buffet in Modesto I'm eyeing on the way home back north... that'll get my significant other interested in going. :)

Gold Street Customs said:
Yeah ,but is it as good as the one put on by Vintage Bike Supply :lol:

Every time i've been ther Mike was there , so what dose that tell you ! :wink:

Pretty much the same people show up to both Stockton and Mike's swap. Tony puts on a great show and there are a lot of great bikes to look at and some good stuff to buy. Not usually a big swap area for bike stuff inside, but usually the bigger vendors are there.

And don't forget that the Relics ride is on Sunday ay 10am in Stockton at Port City Cyclery.

Back