Who built this one?

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I just got a J.C. higgins frame and I may want to "borrow" some ideas from this bike. It just looks tough!
rat17.jpg

I've got the same frame

Adam Copeland's bike is so good I couldn't get it out of my head!

There hasn't been a bike I've liked as much as this one.

So I managed to score the same frame and rim/tire combo as Adam's.

I don't plan on using the same fork or bars as his though.

My hats off to Adam for really inspiring me to get into this hobby.

Spin

wow thanks guys for the kind words. it is funny how this bike turns up from time to time. it really is just right and none of my bikes since have equaled her. "the higgins" is the best riding, and looking bike i have done. in my opinion the lucky 7 boardtracker is a close second but it just is not "the higgins." thanks again and if you need any help on your build pm me

karfer67 said:
wow thanks guys for the kind words. it is funny how this bike turns up from time to time. it really is just right and none of my bikes since have equaled her. "the higgins" is the best riding, and looking bike i have done. in my opinion the lucky 7 boardtracker is a close second but it just is not "the higgins." thanks again and if you need any help on your build pm me
Yeah, you do an EXCELLENT JOB on all the bikes you build
i think this is definatly one of my favorites on the forum. I wish i could build bikes as good as you...
(Maybe i can, you tell me :D)

all i can say is the art of creating "the bike" is to sit back and stare at it. even when it is just a bare frame try to sit and think "what would it look like if i did this or that. when i built the higgins i sat there looking at it in mock up forever looking at the fork hight before i settled on what it is now. droped it 1/4 of an inch sat back stared, brought it up 1/2 stared again. i take my personal bikes very very seriously and i dont care how long it takes they have to be "right" before i call it done and will say i build it. thanks for all the comments now get out there and build darn it.

far from it.........just wait until you start staring and thinking out loud when the wife or girl is around(ive gotten some very strange looks....not just for the pile o parts i drag in :lol: )

oh yea and sensor you would have loved the skid i did going into liquid the other night on the cruiser ride. we all raced there ( i won) and comming up to the corner got into the turn lane and slammed the brake going into a sweet skid then tiped the bars turning making it into an awsome power slide never putting my feet down. yes i do ride my bikes i dont care how pretty they are :D

karfer67 said:
oh yea and sensor you would have loved the skid i did going into liquid the other night on the cruiser ride. we all raced there ( i won) and comming up to the corner got into the turn lane and slammed the brake going into a sweet skid then tiped the bars turning making it into an awsome power slide never putting my feet down. yes i do ride my bikes i dont care how pretty they are :D

yeah, yeah, yeah, your luck Adam. you only won cuz i wasnt racing! hahaha. i dont even know where i was......probably in the back. hhahaa

come on keoki if you really stood on it you would just whack the pedals off the ground on each stroke. that reminds me you still want that columbia?

Back