Where to get "fat" wheels?

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
With my new trike I'm thinking about putting some wider wheels and tires on the back, should look really good. I have no idea where you guys find them though? The very few places I've found them it's just the outer rim, not a whole wheel. I've never assembled a wheel before and would rather just buy a wheel/tire combo straight up and pop them on the bike.

maxsideburn said:
With my new trike I'm thinking about putting some wider wheels and tires on the back, should look really good. I have no idea where you guys find them though? The very few places I've found them it's just the outer rim, not a whole wheel. I've never assembled a wheel before and would rather just buy a wheel/tire combo straight up and pop them on the bike.

For a trike, you may want using the 20x4 rear wheels from a couple of rusty OCC choppers.

Or you can also use the 20x3 WCC tires to get the fat rat look on stock 20 inch wheels. Or if you want 26 x 4 you could get a Mongoose Beast. (Cheaper than two rim hoops) Beyond that there is ChoppersUs.com but like I said two rim hoops will cost more than a complete Beast.

Also fatbikes.com has a few options for tires, tubes, rims and such but be prepared to pay.

http://fatbikes.com/rims.html

Re: Where to get "fat" wheels?

I would just say buy a dish from us cycles and have your LBS lace it up that is if you want a 24" or 26" fat wheel...

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy SIII using Tapatalk 2

Back