Where Is The Whimsy?!

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
This is a great site, no matter how many people are here. It is ran well, friendly, drama free and informative. I have been disappointed by the lack of interactions at times, but I still frequent the site often. I don’t always chat, but I do give “likes” to the posts with build content.

I believe Instagram is the best place to link people up with ratrodbikes.com. Facebook has a dying demographic and many have long lost interest in FB. Forums like instagram and TikTok, along with YouTube is where most are now getting their content from. Active use of those options mentioned, could increase traffic and membership.

The site name itself is limiting. The term “Rat Rod” was a sensitive term from the get-go. You could make an enemy, quicker than a friend by calling someone’s creation a RAT. The term has also lost favor in recent times, even though there are many of us diehard’s that like living in that world.

Do the members here, want a ton of traffic from newbies, or do they like the MC/RC feel to it? I like a small group, but with much more interaction.

Ideas: add some small competitions that focus on particular aspects of building. Maybe a bike seat reupholstery competition. Maybe a tank build competition. Focusing on how-to videos. Weekly features of builders. How about an audio podcast to tell our stories?(I would run that!) with a link to it.

Ideas and changes take effort from individuals, obviously. That means someone would have to really put some efforts in to something, with no real return. Just for the love. A presence on other forums is key to maintaining and building an audience on RRB, in my opinion. Since RRB doesn’t have a product to sell, it is difficult to bring the eyes to the site. But, everything here is FREE!! I believe some promotion of what is provided here could help build the group. Just some rambling thoughts. I like to brainstorm ideas like this. ✌🏻

Latest posts

Back