where do you ride??

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Skipton, I always enjoy the photos of your bikes along with the excellent Chicago backdrops. :wink:

Your black and blue bike has inspired me to build a taildragger of my own! :D

Well I'm lucky enough to live in a city that has bike lanes, paths, and trails everywhere that take you all around the city and to others ! So I ride thos alot, mostly to downtown or around the parks near me, also around the neighborhood.
I like to ride the Monon trail alot too. It takes you from the heart of downtown Indianapolis throught Broad Ripple to Carmel. Awesome paved trail with a couple nice bridges, art, old buildings, wooded areas, heck there's even a couple water fountains along the way! Maybe later I'll get off my lazy butt and post some pictures ...

I live in an old western type town built in the 1800's alot of the original buildings still stand, there are many country roads to ride on along with surrounding lakes and mountains with fire roads, but here's a couple of downtown pics,
012-10.jpg

011-11.jpg

010-14.jpg
101_9624.jpg

Even did a bike demo at the school down the street my daughter goes to.
003-36.jpg

003-36.jpg

002-35.jpg

Here's the lake that's 6 miles away
101_9239.jpg

hopefully get some more pics soon.

I ride in my neighborhood on the South Side of St. Louis. I'm about a mile from St. Louis' little Italy known around here as "The Hill" (and yes, it's quite a hill). I enjoy getting an expresso at one of the cafe's or some proshuto and other locally made Itillian goodies at one of the markets. On weekends you always get the people from the suburbs who don't know how to drive on the narrow urban streets, so that's always a challenge dodging them.
There are some great "rails to trails" around here that I enjoy riding as well but they are often crowded with walkers and Lycra wearing so and so's who tend to scoff at someone who is on a bike that costs less than $1,000.

Finnaly got out on the bike this weekend!!

Rode my .... off sat. around the disneyland area.

Went from 10:30am til 12:30pm.

Back out from 3:30pm til 6:30pm

Then again from 9:30pm till 11:00pm.

Will take pics next time out if i can find my camera or remember to take em with my phone.

sleepy said:
Skipton, I always enjoy the photos of your bikes along with the excellent Chicago backdrops. :wink:

Your black and blue bike has inspired me to build a taildragger of my own! :D

Thanks! :D
I'm glad you like them. Got any pics of your taildragger?

Also I grew up in Ann Arbor, I used to slot car race at a track in Westland, called Thunder Road back in the early 90's :wink:

I'm 15 miles from the nearest town, so I usually haul my bikes into town on my motorized bicycle or moped. But when I'm in town I ride in parades, garage sailing (looking for bikes) and going to the scrap yard (looking for an edsel grill)

I ride my bike in many different areas but mainly around downtown historic Mckinney Tx. I also travel to California, my home away from home, to ride in a big bike show with my good friend Greg Roth and will be going back this year with another good friend Big Al ... Here are some pictures of where i ride in Mckinney.
texas.jpg

LandonsNight.jpg

DSC016611-1024x768.jpg

DSC01659-1024x768.jpg

cfiles72862.jpg

ar123567972365466.jpg

Next time I go see the inlaws I'll have to ride those streets. Won't be long we will be cruising Freemont street in Vegas then San Jose for the show. We will take alot of pics. :wink: :D

I ride the same trail dogdart does. Often. Also hit the freeport to butler trail, and the mon-yough trail. Every Sunday . Weeknights we just do the neighborhood. It's hilly, so just a few miles. Weekend rides are from 12 to 25 miles each ride.
the bike choice varies. I have a new Specialized Crosstown hybrid, 2 MTB's, 2 stretched choppers,and various oldies, from a 47 Western flyer to 60's middleweights. 14 bikes rideable....

GameBent said:
I like to cruise all around San Diego, from Carlsbad to Pacific Beach to Santee to Coronado. Here's a cool vid that my friend Jim took of the 1-year Anniversary EBF Group Ride around Coronado on June 24th. I'm the guy in the white New Belgium Fat Tire shirt at the beginning. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0wyCwh5VJMo
Great vid! Long time off but, Me, my family and hopefully some other club members (and familys) are coming to San Diego in 2015 for Comic Con!! Would be great to hook up for a cruise with you while we are in the area!!

Eagle Lake in Acadia National Park. There are around 50 miles of fine gravel "carriage trails", 10 to 20 feet wide, for foot, bike and horse only. Lots of elevation change but since the trails were built for horse and buggy in the '30's they are very gradual.

SuperbeandKlunkeratEagleLake.jpg

This was my first ride on my refurbed Raleigh Suberbe. Sweet rider.

As you all know New Hampshire is a mountainous state and after a grueling 250-mile climb, this is the view from atop Ballbuster Hill.

astro-12-c-border.jpg
:wink:

I do a lot of riding in Philly. There's always something new lurking around the next corner.
SAM_1007-Copy.jpg

SAM_1161.jpg

mr5.jpg

mr2.jpg

Great place to ride, as long as you're on your toes traffic-wise.8

Back