Where do you go to show off your bike in your town?

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
In New York City the only place I know where people go to show off weird and custom bikes is the boardwalk of Coney Island.
Sundays I think...
2s9dugi.jpg
this is from the boardwalk
How do I find the scene in New York?

This is the most amazing (awful) combination of bicycle and motor ever
5p0t8m.jpg

as seen at Coney Island

We just ride around town people always follow us an ask where we got our bike from

I don't know if it's showing off but I've been riding at Mission Beach in San Diego. Start out at the roller coaster and ride up and down the boardwalk. You can't go too fast. If I just want to ride, I do it in the neighborhood or at Fiesta Island.

af_046.jpg

630_056.jpg

missionbeach001.jpg

We do have monthly Frankenbike swap meets in Spacetown so I could display my bikes there while shopping.

Va Beach Boardwalk. When it is warm, don't care to ride in the cold.

4ateduba.jpg

At one of the beach watering holes
3uba3abu.jpg

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

JunkYardGuy said:
Boardwalk in Ocean City, N.J. great place to ride your cruiser bike. 8)

I used to live in OC NJ. Years ago. Spent many nights sleeping under the boardwalk when I lost the boarding room my parents set me up in in. Ahhhh to be 17 again....those were the days :lol:

Had to go to Wildwood to hit the bars back then with my fake ID. Had my first true mixed drink "screwdriver" there. As I recall OC was a dry town.

Nice long boardwalk though and plenty of bike space. Do they still let you ride on the actual boardwalk all day or is there time limitations and or a bike path now?

My nickname was "johnboy" back then.

WO0ow,
The internet is awesome!
Texas
Kokomo (IN?)
Virginia Beach
Georgia
New Hampshire
San Diego
Australia
EVEN NEW JERSEY!!
In the summer I will probably ride around Brigantine Beach NJ.

coopieclan said:
WO0ow,
The internet is awesome!
Texas
Kokomo (IN?)
Virginia Beach
Georgia
New Hampshire
San Diego
Australia
EVEN NEW JERSEY!!
In the summer I will probably ride around Brigantine Beach NJ.

I saw your question mark. Kokomo, Indiana... About 50 miles north of Indianapolis. I'm just one of those rednecks from the North.

Ride em around the neighborhood, bring em with to car shows and cruise nights in the area. During the summer you can go to a cruise night every day of the week. They get some looks.

I often take mine on local club rides, or at least the rides that aren't dominated by spandex & carbon fiber. Basically, they're the ones with older folks... I also often load a couple onto my roof rack and go to local cruise nights.

I ride everyday to and from work
Love riding in the City of Chicago
takingitdowntownBellowingYellow010.jpg

takingitdowntownBellowingYellow011.jpg

4seasons013-3.jpg

4seasons009-1.jpg

blackbike012-1.jpg

4seasons019-6.jpg

Bad pic.. But love to park in front of work (I work at Trader Joe's) the bikes get a lot af attentiion
4seasons012-13.jpg

I also have a blast riding cool bikes around with my two son's
theboys001-1.jpg

theboys004-1.jpg

Got a little carried away with all the pics :roll:
Thanks for asking
:mrgreen:

jd56 said:
JunkYardGuy said:
Boardwalk in Ocean City, N.J. great place to ride your cruiser bike. 8)

I used to live in OC NJ. Years ago. Spent many nights sleeping under the boardwalk when I lost the boarding room my parents set me up in in. Ahhhh to be 17 again....those were the days :lol:

Had to go to Wildwood to hit the bars back then with my fake ID. Had my first true mixed drink "screwdriver" there. As I recall OC was a dry town.

Nice long boardwalk though and plenty of bike space. Do they still let you ride on the actual boardwalk all day or is there time limitations and or a bike path now?

My nickname was "johnboy" back then.

Ocean City, NJ is still a dry town I believe

Skipton said:
I ride everyday to and from work
Love riding in the City of Chicago

Bad pic.. But love to park in front of work (I work at Trader Joe's) the bikes get a lot af attentiion
4seasons012-13.jpg

Don't mean to hijack the thread, but your comment brought to mind an issue that bugs me slightly. Trader Joes finally opened a store in my area. For the past several years, I've actually been bringing their stuff home with me from Detroit on business trips. Anyway, the new store is just off of a spur trail from the Erie canal trail, in an area that I use when I commute to work by bike. So, getting to the store by bike is straightforward, IMO. There is, however, no place anywhere out front to lock up my bike. It irks me, especially given the brand image that Trader Joe's has built, that no consideration was given to this. I'm certainly not going to leave my Long Haul Trucker sitting out front unlocked. About the best I could do is lock the bike in front of Barnes & Noble, about an eighth of a mile away. Anyway, sorry for the digression...

Back