when did u realize u were a bikeaholic??

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
i was just wondering when was the moment (if you can pinpoint a single moment) you guys realized you were really into bikes?? did u see ur dream bike across the room and fall instantly in love or sumthing?? :lol: well my moment was when i was riding around with my bro in a park and i see a girl about my age riding around on a late 70s stingray when i told my brother to "check it out" he said "oh yea shes kinda cute" and i replied "yea its a pretty clean bike" :wink:
so lets hear your story :D

when i awoke from my sleep one night to go to the kitchen for something to drink, AND................
stuck my toes in the spokes of the cycle
beside my bed, then got jousted by the
handle bar from the cycle in the hall.then,
as i limped; while holding my rib cage, into
the living room...OUCH,my knee collides with
the rear rack of a cycle . after finally getting
to the kitchen...i open the refrigerator door
and bumped a cycle's fender,causing a domino
effect of four cycles.by this time i was thinking..
too bad i only drink soft drinks. :( :cry: :oops:

well,still today ;i have at least two cycles
per room of my house. :mrgreen: am i a bikeaholic. :?:

7. I started racing BMX at that age. It was 1987. I still love it. I have worked in a shop since I was 14.

Mine probably started when I was 7 (1992) and i got a used Hutch XL-24. I was running a bike shop out of my garage at the time dragging home every bike in a 10 mile radius I could get legally and had on average 70 bikes in the garage....most in pieces. I always loved working on them and building different things out of them. Now my garage has become a shed but there are still 30 bikes in the shed and they are starting to infiltrate the house, I have two in the bed room already. :mrgreen: Now if I can sneak one in the office, one behind the couch, and one in the closet I can stash three more till I come up with more hiding spots.... :lol:

Oh crap, I'm a what now??

It's just a few old bikes....come on....it's just a few, honest :wink:

first I'm an alkaholic, then it was drugs, it's always been cars, and now it's bikes.... my yard isn't full of them....it's just a few, and most of them I got to fix up for my kids, I had to buy so many because I've got 6 kids, yeah ok but 6 an't that many really, it's not like I've filled up my whole house with them....aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaarrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

is anything safe?

:shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: hey these smilies are cool :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock:

I bought some new wheels for a new bike build the other day, I had to, no other bike fits me, have to build another one, I might put smilies on this one :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D

It's hit me several times...when I was on vacation in Disneyworld and daydreaming about riding instead, When I recently saw a picture taken with me holding my 2 year old son, surrounded by bicycles, (he's in high school now) every time I catch myself checking Craig's list when I already have 13, er make that 14 bikes in the garage...whenever I have a day off from and spend it in the garage, working on bikes or here, reading about bikes before I go to the garage and work on bikes. Just tell yourself "It's not an addiction...its a hobby!" 8)

Who me? No, I don't have a problem...I can quit anytime I want to. :wink:
My wife on the other hand, had this epiphany about me yesterday...true story, honest!
Yesterday I was sitting in my recliner in the Man-cave recovering from the Crud. Just surfing ratrodbikes.com when my cell goes off. I look down and see it's my wife calling me. Odd...she had just told me she was going to the shed in the back yard to get a box to keep the dog in for car trips. "Hhmmm..." I say to myself. I answer as sweetly as possible...her response doesn't sound to happy.
Yep...she went into the shed, bumped one of my bikes and many more began to lean over and thoroughly block her in the shed. She couldn't get out. :lol: I had to go out there and pull bikes out (minimal scratches :cry: ) so that she could get out. I told her, the bikes were not used to females in Man-cave #2 and it was a "Christine" kinda thing. She did not appreciate my humor. 8)

Kind of told this story before but I think its worthy of a recycle. When my wife told me she was gonna get "Schwinn" tattooed on her backside so she could get some attention. And me being the clueless bafoon that I sometimes am, remarked, it wouldnt really have the same effect without the proper background. :wink: Yeah, that one went over about as well as a turd in a punchbowl! :roll: Later & PEACE!!!! :mrgreen:

It started 3 years ago with one row of ten bikes and then a second row of ten more and now the third row has 9. I need to buy one more to make it even. Really just one more ! Ed

When parts started filling up my room, the shed turned into a bicycle shed, and my basement has bicycles :shock: Oh yeah, when I joined ratrodbikes.com :mrgreen:

I never have been and never will again be a bikeaholic and even if I was and I ain't I could stop at any time if I wanted to. :| .......no one's buying into this?

The truth I would say when I was a wee lad on Cape Cod and I was up before the sun to see if my Dad could fix a flat which he did before he went to work. His words were " I'll show you how and then I (my Dad) won't have to anymore." So he showed me and then locked up his tools. Now with this new skill and later skill of breaking into my dad's workshed and tool box I could now fix bikes. My Dad now has been giving me all his old tools and brings me bikes from the landfill........... :roll: .............now that I think of it I think my Dad is a bikeaholic and not me!

Graylock

I think it was when I decided to start storing bikes in the cities I most often visit...

Nah I knew I was bikeaholic long before that. :lol:

Back