Wheel bike

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Great find and a really nice project to start on, can't wait to see it finished. I picked up one just like that a few months back in the same color, it was a 10 footer bike, 10 feet away it looked great but up close it had a lot of deep scratches, nicks, and chips in it. I never heard of a Belknap Bluegrass Hardware wheel bike until I found mine, glad to see another one.
Does anyone know if "The Wheel" bikes had a different serial number designation from the Rails to separate them or just built on the frames as they rolled down the assembly line?

Great question. I've never owned a Wheel so couldn't tell you without seeing the SerNo. Maybe Chip can post this one?

Chip I remember discussing the SS. It's a single speed, correct? That's gonna be a project finding all the parts for it, but a fun one!

Great question. I've never owned a Wheel so couldn't tell you without seeing the SerNo. Maybe Chip can post this one?

Chip I remember discussing the SS. It's a single speed, correct? That's gonna be a project finding all the parts for it, but a fun one!

I'll have to look at the serial numbers and post them.

The SS is a single speed. I probably have the parts for it in my collection/stash/pile of extras. I don't believe it had a chainguard though.

Last edited:
Great find and a really nice project to start on, can't wait to see it finished. I picked up one just like that a few months back in the same color, it was a 10 footer bike, 10 feet away it looked great but up close it had a lot of deep scratches, nicks, and chips in it. I never heard of a Belknap Bluegrass Hardware wheel bike until I found mine, glad to see another one.
Does anyone know if "The Wheel" bikes had a different serial number designation from the Rails to separate them or just built on the frames as they rolled down the assembly line?

Can you post a pic of your steering wheel?

The serial number on my The Wheel bike is: 9H650783
I got it on Ebay earlier this year, the original steering wheel was missing so they had replaced it with a car steering wheel and I think that took it off of everyone's radar but it had that unique square end for the steering wheel mount and drag brake so I knew it had to be an original and if it turned out not to be when i got it, it was still a Rail frame. Lucky for me it turned out to be a Huffy The Wheel. Unfortunately the sissy bar was shipped separate for some reason and it was just wrapped in one layer of torn bubble wrap and it was twisted and bent.

Last edited:
Here is a picture of an original steering wheel I picked up a couple weeks ago for it from a buddy of mine.

Yes, the silver on the top of the steering wheel is a sticker.

OF COURSE BOY WONDER!! TO THE BRUCE CRAWFORD PHONE!!

batman-robin-1966-interview.jpg

Back