What's your ratty commuter look like?

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Here's mine. I'm curious to see what you guys commute on.
P8130011.JPG

P8130009.JPG

i ride my jc higgins bike every day for about 12 miles to and from. . .well everywhere. its in the for sale section now, kinda thinking bout it now.

034.jpg

Markm, I can dig the chrome.

Murray, I love your bike. and J5. I've been to the Carousel Mall a couple times, but I don't have a car right now so I only get around by bike anymore. I guess that's no excuse, but I don't have a proper road bike.

TwentyTwo, my tires are 26 x 1 3/8. nothing fancy, but I"m glad you like the bike. I love it.

Skipton, all your bikes are nice. Especially the monster headlight on that blue bike. I'd kill for one. not really 'kill', but I want one.

I was thinking the same thing about the big light on the blue bike. Is that a marine light or motorcycle light? Does it work? Seems like it would be miniature sun!

i put together this one as a fixed gear and commuted on it a few times (changed to pull back bars after first ride)
200pc0p.jpg

i ride this one to work the most
14bjfkn.jpg

my commute to work is only 2 miles :lol:

I love your red Schwinn. I really want a lugged frame like your blue one. Over the winter, when I start commuting on my Raliegh, I'm going to rebuild my current commuter.

same bike different variations but i have ridden this bike back and forth to work for 4 years at least.......

Picture040.jpg

Picture005.jpg

Picture171.jpg

100_1683.jpg

100_1685.jpg

A Hawthorne repaint rides on for me. I cleaned it up, added some reflectors and got new red sparkle grips. Small front cog lets me climb hills w/ my coffee

HPIM4124.jpg

Von, I do the same. My commuter's been 3 different colors this year. My coworkers think I'm crazy. I like that banana seat, bro.

Charles, sometimes you just can't beat a classic. I want to build a new commuter this winter with new parts but when I think about it, I just want to re-purpose an old bike instead. I dig it.

here's mine mingo...wanted a fixie,but due to terrible drivers,
brakes are a must...

Picture016.jpg

Picture018.jpg

Picture017.jpg

Brakes are cool, Cherry. I live in a college town and when the students are gone for the summer, I ride with no breaks. But town gets so dense with traffic when they all come back, now I run a coaster brake. Are those metal brake lines? I like them a lot.

Comfortable rides for a beautiful view, Dan. Wish I had a commute like that.

My commuter. Nothing special, but gets me from point A to point B and allows me to carry most of what I need. I've pulled a full cooler, a tent, bag of clothes, and a tote full of supplies behind me. I really have a good time on this bike. Had a few run ins with cars, and I've replaced the handlebars because of it, thus the reason for so many lights and reflectors. I'm tired of getting ran into.

002.jpg

003-2.jpg

0705112058.jpg

0705112059.jpg

0705112104.jpg

I want to load up a trailer like yours with speakers. Wild speakers. You've given me so many terribly awesome ideas, hahaha if only I had a place to store it.

Back