What's ya style

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thought might be a good discussion leading up to the build off. What is your style of building how do you get your inspiration. My style is to just wing it. I come up with any idea in my hyperactive head and just let it roll and see where it takes me. And some times it can just be one thing the sets the idea off like finding the old cast Douglas badge at work and then start thinking how can I build some thing around just this one small object

If it can rust let it

I usually have a good plan and many drawings and mock-ups before I start a build, some changes will get made along the way to improve it but it stays reasonably true to the concept, paint and finishing get decided after I have a rolling bike usually.

I usually wont start a project unless I have a firm goal in mind, helps me get a better result, but that is just me.

Luke.

I find I can't stick to a set plan (with anything in life) I feel I blocks my imagination or it could be that I have to rebel Hahah I'm not sure but it works for me. As far as bike building goes I am a green horn but with race cars and few motor bikes I have built just sitting and staring imagining it in my mind has worked well

If it can rust let it

If only I had a welder!

I see somebodies bike and I want it! So I build my own, no pony bikes!

I don't know if I have a style. None of my builds look anything like each other. BEER RUN and FLEX-LINER 7 were done on the fly. FUGSLEY was semi planned. FIREWING had some planning bit still ended up being a pretty organic process. Any one that has followed my lllllllllllllllllongggggg build threads knows that I try out a lot of stuff to see what sticks. This build off I have more of a plan than ever before. We'll see how it turns out.

I dream it,then proceed with it...I can get ideas from other bikes and add them into my builds...But I never try to copy exactly someone else's build.

That's my plan for BONINE. I'm gonna build MauxFauxMiux

I often watch old Orange County Choppers reruns to draw inspiration. I hope to one day be able to build an awesome Spider-Man looking bike like they did.

I dream it,then proceed with it...I can get ideas from other bikes and add them into my builds...But I never try to copy exactly someone else's build.

Yep...me too!! I dream about frame and fork combinations, then just try to find em...
Like this one I let slip away...
f1c20e61-f1dd-4385-aa92-f938a6cce6fd_zps334a2259.jpg

Yep...me too!! I dream about frame and fork combinations, then just try to find em...
Like this one I let slip away...
f1c20e61-f1dd-4385-aa92-f938a6cce6fd_zps334a2259.jpg
Don't you hate it when that happens...Arrrgh!!!!

I often watch old Orange County Choppers reruns to draw inspiration. I hope to one day be able to build an awesome Spider-Man looking bike like they did.

I often watch OCC in hopes that I can have a rich dysfunctional family one day so that I can market my name on everything. Kingfish Kustoms Depends with Flames and Teeth for Flexy rear ends.

I'm a "less is more" fan and anything I build just sort of evolves until I'm happy with the result! Often take some sort of inspiration from little items or ideas that pop into my head. On my current build two things are not for changing 1, suicide rear brake and two, 34 Ford inspired V8 head badge that I'll be making from chased alloy drinks can.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back