whats going on

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
hey. you might know me as cammok5 from some other forums. for those who dont, i was thinking of choping my occ stinray (for my firts coustom) and i came up with this.
chop2.jpg

every one told me it look alot like stock and i should change the rake and make it more radical. i thought of it looking like a 70's chopper real long forks and not being able to turn and i didnt like it. well i started to do it any way but wasnt fealling it and stoped working on it. that is till i found this site and got some insperation. i love bobers so im going to make a bike bobber
bober.jpg

another crude image with tires. swint long enough and you can kindof imange it lol
bober5.jpg

if i get it to work il add some stuff and paint it as a indian larry tribute as he made the best looking bike imo
il start it tomorow

First of all, WELCOME!........I know your drawings are "rough". I don't know how much experience you have. But those last two configurations won't work. Notice that the pedals go down past the bottom of the tires. ...Even if you were to "raise" the bottom bracket, notice that the farthest point of leg extension, where your foot would be in regards to the front wheel. example, right foot forward during a left turn equals....Ka...rash. Draw again, longer stretch, bottom bracket higher, forked with slightly more rake.......Again, I don't know how experienced you are, so please, don't be insulted.

i understand what you mean and i didnt even relise that in the pic. i acoulay took a pic od a harley and erased every thing but frame forks fender tank then added the crank just for refrens.

ford-guy said:
i understand what you mean and i didnt even relise that in the pic. i acoulay took a pic od a harley and erased every thing but frame forks fender tank then added the crank just for refrens.

Cool! That frame config CAN work, just have to do a little figuring out.

just to let you guys know i made a tall bike. once i get pics i make a new post about it. i just need to get a chain, tube for the front tire and a back wheel. hope to have it going by soon

Back