What to do???

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I bought a cheap coaster wheel set from a local swapmeet vendor, I put on my wifes bike but didn't put the clip for the arm. Well she road it and the the coaster over tightened. My LBS said they couldn't back it of and likely the bearing were crushed. Should I just by another rim or should I by a new hub and relace the wheel? I've been looking at the prices for new hubs and it's about the same for a new wheel. It's a 36 spoke wheel if that helps.

tnt1 said:
What over tightend ? never heard such a thing before it can be loosened up.

The arm on the coaster brake spun around as she rode cause it didn't have the clip. The whole thing seized up and when I tried to loosen everything to get the sproket to spin again it wouldn't. That's why I took it to my LBS but told me they couldn't do anything either.

its a funny feeling . I did it last week . you hit the brakes and it becomes fixed real quick. i would think you could find another hub around and take everything out of it and swap. It didnt hurt mine but its weird.

Just loosen the nut on the axle..It's gonna be tight but it will unloosen..The bearings can be replaced..Is your LBS one of those highend places with the 2000 dollar track bikes? If so they may not have the simple knowledge to fix it..

Back